Reverse lights... Mocked up & locked up, - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Reverse lights... Mocked up & locked up,

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsLabor Day Sale!

Unread 10-18-2013, 04:45 PM   #1
Psycho-X-Jeep
Free hugs <<< just ask!

2009 JK Wrangler 

Reverse lights... Mocked up & locked up,

Well I thought I would share what I have done so far today. I wanted to hook up my VisionX 8" (60 deg) lightbar to my Rugged Ridge license plate relocation bracket, but I was afraid the lightbar would get stolen. The only thing that was holding this thing on was a little pin.

I drilled the hole out to 1/4" and added a masterlock keyed hitch lock.

I had to fab up a bracket to adapt the light bar to the mounting bolt, which required a longer bolt than what came from Rugged Ridge. But other than that this was a pretty straightforward install.

I realize this isnt theft proof, but now there has to be a little effort put into stealing it! Now I just have to wire this thing up so I can start blinding those pesky tailgaters! It's a friggin jeep guys... Not a sports car!

Psycho-X-Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2013, 08:19 PM   #2
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Nice mod and all but it does seem to be a bit vulnerable in certain situations. For example, dropping off a ledge and ripping it off; that would be my luck anyhow.
1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2013, 06:18 PM   #3
Psycho-X-Jeep
Free hugs <<< just ask!

2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1222 View Post
Nice mod and all but it does seem to be a bit vulnerable in certain situations. For example, dropping off a ledge and ripping it off; that would be my luck anyhow.
Thanks. It comes off just as easily as a trailer hitch, so it will be removed if there is any danger of it getting ripped off.

Just finished wiring up the distribution block, and three switches. Only one switch is active to run the reverse lights. The other two are gonna be for the left & right light bars. And yes one of the holes i drilled for the switches doesn't line up with the other two. The distribution block was used so I only have to run one wire from the engine bay. It's gonna end up being used as a jumper to an amp as well as run all my switches and other accessories.

Psycho-X-Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.