Retractable Cockpit Cover - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Retractable Cockpit Cover

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 05-14-2013, 06:31 PM   #16
marmotmb
2007 JK Wrangler 

Its just rain, its just water.

I think every jeep owner just needs to drive doorless / topless in a good rain storm to get over the ridiculous fear of rain.

When you are driving even in really hard rain you barely even get wet, sure when u stop you do but so what ? Its just water, bit of rain is certainly not going to damage anything.

It gets wet, leave it live with it drive it it dries.

Think motorcycle, do bikers get all worried when it rains ? Nope just keep riding, bike dries, to me the jeep is no different.

Pro Comp - Hypertech Programmer / 2.5" Teraflex coil lift & 1" M.O.R.E Body Lift / 315/75R16 Pro Comp Mt. Extremes / 16" x 8" Pro Comp Series 52 (Black) / Pro Comp steering stabalizer / Air Raid Cold air intake / Ace Enginnering and Fab Front stubby with bull bar / OR Fab Rear tire carrier / 2 Blitz Jerry Can / HI lift jack / Cherry Bomb 2.5" Exhaust and Custom Tail pipe / KC Daylighter 6" 130 Watt with Driving lense / Shifter boot trim ring bolt mod / Rear Bumper gap mod / Mirror drill hole mod
marmotmb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2013, 06:38 PM   #17
Remmy18
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmotmb
Its just rain, its just water.

I think every jeep owner just needs to drive doorless / topless in a good rain storm to get over the ridiculous fear of rain.

When you are driving even in really hard rain you barely even get wet, sure when u stop you do but so what ? Its just water, bit of rain is certainly not going to damage anything.

It gets wet, leave it live with it drive it it dries.

Think motorcycle, do bikers get all worried when it rains ? Nope just keep riding, bike dries, to me the jeep is no different.
x2
Remmy18 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2013, 01:38 PM   #18
Astennis1
2013 JK Wrangler 

I couldn't really go doorless through a rain storm at highway speeds, my 35's will throw whatever is on the road into my cab. I'm not worried about myself getting we, but I will have two girls riding in the back seats of my unlimited so I don't know how rain at 70mph+ will be for them... Its really not about getting wet it would be getting pelted for the back seat.

13 JKUR
Astennis1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2013, 01:58 PM   #19
Remmy18
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astennis1
I couldn't really go doorless through a rain storm at highway speeds, my 35's will throw whatever is on the road into my cab. I'm not worried about myself getting we, but I will have two girls riding in the back seats of my unlimited so I don't know how rain at 70mph+ will be for them... Its really not about getting wet it would be getting pelted for the back seat.
That's the downside of a hardtop. Can't carry it with you to put up in a rain storm. Get a soft top, trek top, remove the hardtop when you get to your destination, accept that you may get wet.
Remmy18 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2013, 04:01 PM   #20
Astennis1
2013 JK Wrangler 

Yeah Ive been looking into getting the offroad heros fastback soft top just need to see if I can sell my hardtop. I may tes running my front two hardtops with all four doors and the Pavement Ends emergency top on the back at 60mph. I dont see this working out too well but its worth a test. If it will run like that I may not ever get a soft top

13 JKUR
Astennis1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2013, 08:01 PM   #21
tomthbomb
CJ7 1/2 Top Club mem. #1

1978 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicwaste29 View Post
A tarp or spend the 10min and put back on the top
Been taking them off and putting them on for seven years. Takes 5 minutes at most.

No room lost inside the Jeep.

Unread 07-13-2013, 10:32 AM   #22
deitzberg
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Where did you get the holder?
deitzberg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2013, 09:05 PM   #23
tomthbomb
CJ7 1/2 Top Club mem. #1

1978 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by deitzberg
Where did you get the holder?
eBay
Unread 07-15-2013, 04:26 AM   #24
tankinyj
2012 JK Wrangler 

Putting my panels on takes like 2 minutes. The longest part is walking back n forth to fetch them...
Orange Crush Jeep Club Member #55
tankinyj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
cover

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.