RES radio without Uconnect buttons information - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > RES radio without Uconnect buttons information

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! PANDEMIC-USA 50" Double row LED LIGHT BAR!! These thiSmoking Deal on Jeep Slip Yoke Eliminator Kit with rear 13

Unread 10-24-2012, 05:42 AM   #1
xsdbs

RES radio without Uconnect buttons information

If you have a 2011-2012 vehicle with the RES radio that has no Uconnect buttons, there is now a MOPAR kit available. They have had it for a few weeks now. The kits consists of:
the module, wire harness, external mic, a small UCI touch pad that has the Uconnect buttons and instruction disc. (Approximate cost $349)
After the installation of the kit, you'll need to have the vehicle flashed to code "RSP". The kit is an easy installation and flashing needs to be done by the dealer. They'll try to charge you for an hr labor; it takes less than 1/2 hr so tell them that you're willing to pay $50.
You will also want to purchase the iPod / USB cable (about $35) PN 82212160, this will be needed for any Uconnect SW updates as well as iPod/ USB media playing.
the kit PN's:
Low Speed CAN BUS vehicles --82213219
High Speed CAN BUS vehicles 82213221
I have also just found out that this kit will work on any year RES radio without the Uconnect buttons on the radio. This appears to go back to 2009 vehicles. I have placed the installation guide at the link below.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?phuuz5v1z43wp78

xsdbs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2012, 07:26 AM   #2
Dale_K

Thanks.
Dale_K is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2012, 01:15 PM   #3
bradg33

Awesome info.
2000 TJ Sport
bradg33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-29-2012, 07:19 AM   #4
xsdbs

You're both welcome.
Unread 10-21-2013, 08:41 AM   #5
justin credible
2012 JK Wrangler 

Bringing this back from the dead, but can I get just the iPod / USB cable (P/N 82212160) so I can get my Ipod unplugged from the front of the head unit and out of view, or do I have to buy the whole system?

I really don't want or need the bluetooth stuff.
justin credible is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-22-2013, 09:14 AM   #6
xsdbs

What radio do you have that plays the iPod thru the radios USB connector? Is it the 730 radio? If so then there should be a mini USB connector on the back of the radio, you'd be able to get a mini USB to a regular USB connector extension cable and run it to the glove box. You may want to take the radio out and look. I just not that familiar with the 730.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin credible View Post
Bringing this back from the dead, but can I get just the iPod / USB cable (P/N 82212160) so I can get my Ipod unplugged from the front of the head unit and out of view, or do I have to buy the whole system?

I really don't want or need the bluetooth stuff.
Unread 07-16-2015, 08:36 PM   #7
Jeeper47
2015 JK Wrangler 

When I ordered my JK, I failed to order the Connectivity Group which includes the bluetooth radio allowing me to talk thru the radio when paired to my phone. I can get another RES radio that has all of the phone buttons for the bluetooth connection, but what do I do then? I would hate to find that I still have to buy the kit (which is now $360) to make it work. Help!
Jeeper47 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.