Request Diesel Engine 4 Wrangler Here (Link to D-C) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Request Diesel Engine 4 Wrangler Here (Link to D-C)

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 05-31-2006, 09:25 AM   #1
roscioli

Request Diesel Engine 4 Wrangler Here (Link to D-C)

Hey Guys... Roscioli here... don't post too often, but I have had a 64 CJ and an 88, and always been a big jeep fan even when I don't own one.
For all of you who are interested in a diesel JK, I have the following suggestion. Use the following link to email D-C and petition for it. Keep it simple and short so that the busy folks will actually read it, and keep on them if they send you a form letter in return (their return email will include a different link and a reference number to bug them again).
USE THE POWER OF A FORUM! The best part of forums is the power of people, so let's use it as best we can!

Here is a sample of a letter that you might use (copy and paste it if you would like): To whom it may concern, my name is _____ and I currently drive a _____. I am writing you to request that Jeep offers a Diesel engine in the new version of the Wrangler. I would be interested in purchasing a Diesel Wrangler for the increased power and fuel economy that diesel engines offer. Thank you very much for your time, _________.

http://www-5.jeep.com/wccsapp/univer...ull&category=U

Thanks guys, hopefully if enough of us email them we might actually make a difference. Automobile manufactures rely on public interest to decide which models to bring to production, so what better way to show them interest than a barrage of emails?

roscioli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2006, 10:58 AM   #2
mikejwil

It's worth a shot... I just sent this to them:

"I currently drive a 1993 Cherokee 4x4 and am very interested in the new 2007 Wrangler Unlimited as a replacement. With four doors and even more off-road capability, I think it is the best option at this time. However, what I would really like to see is a diesel option offered in the U.S. market. Is this a possibility in 2008? The increased power and fuel efficiency would make the Wrangler Unlimited an unbeatable combination. Thanks!"
1999 XJ 4.0L,AX15,NP231,D30HP,C8.25
STOLEN
1993 XJ 4.0L,AW4 ,NP231,D30HP,C8.25:::C4X4 THB:GDI 3row:K&N:JKS QD: Dynomax#17340:MagnaflowCat#23221:Surco 45x60
mikejwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2006, 10:02 PM   #3
roscioli

That sounds good.. I would love to see a Diesel and it only takes a minute to do. Two mouse clicks.
Unread 05-31-2006, 10:21 PM   #4
Karamba

Did that. Asked for a nice reliable and not too big diesel to be made available ASAP.

Will trade in for it if it comes out and proves reliable.
Karamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2006, 08:59 AM   #5
roscioli

Glad I got support for this idea over here... Posted it on another forum and got bashed there for trying something creative.. Haha.
Unread 06-06-2006, 06:22 AM   #6
patriot2005

Sorry if this is old news to you guys, but I read this article on USA TODAY.com today and it sounds like it may support the comments I read here on JF regarding why a diesel JK is not going to be offered in the US market...

DETROIT (AP) — Less than a week after announcing plans to offer a diesel-powered Grand Cherokee sport-utility vehicle in the United States, DaimlerChrysler's (DCX) Chrysler Group said it is ending production of the diesel version of its small Jeep Liberty SUV.
The Liberty's diesel engine doesn't meet tougher federal emissions standards taking effect next year, and Chrysler said it wasn't cost-effective to replace it with a newer version.

"Our initial plan was always to offer a Jeep Grand Cherokee diesel as long as the Jeep Liberty diesel tested well" among consumers, Chrysler spokeswoman Dianna Gutierrez said Monday. "It's still a strong seller, it's got great benefits to it — better fuel economy, more towing power ... but emissions standards for 2007 became more stringent."

Chrysler has opted to not develop a cleaner diesel engine for the Liberty, Gutierrez said. "We couldn't make a credible business case for such an investment, especially for a limited production number of vehicles."
Unread 06-06-2006, 08:23 AM   #7
barry1me
2012 JK Wrangler 

I let my voice be heard
barry1me is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2006, 09:38 AM   #8
yj_ryn

Done. . .(fingers crossed)
Unread 06-08-2006, 12:46 PM   #9
benthood22

ill cross them with you
benthood22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.