Replacing stock wheels - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Replacing stock wheels

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-05-2013, 04:53 PM   #1
takeitsleazy
2013 JK Wrangler 

Replacing stock wheels

First off, I dont want to replace my tires yet- there is no resale for them where I live, so I may as well use them. In the meantime, the 16x7s im running are godawful ugly, and im looking into replacing them. Would a set of 16x8s be compatible with my stock 225 75 16s, or should I buy 16x7s? If the latter, would that limit my tire width on future tires? (33s) Id just rather not cause any harm to the tires I have

Unread 07-05-2013, 05:01 PM   #2
T00THD0C
2013 JK Wrangler 

You can use the existing tires on an 8" rim and get bigger tires later or for not much more money, find some take-off wheels and tires on Craigslist. A lot of them are like new with low miles. You could even go down to an inexpensive 15" wheel and save money by buying a 33" tire for the 15" wheel. Lots of people do that.
T00THD0C is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2013, 05:16 PM   #3
takeitsleazy
2013 JK Wrangler 

A tire purchase will probably wait until im back in the US- and even then ill probably run 16s, just to avoid the brake-rub issue. 16s arent terribly expensive, especially if I get a 5x4.5 bolt pattern wheel and adapter. Ill be researching all of that, but I have yet to read anything on different widths of wheels and the effects it may have on a tire. Thanks for your answer!
Unread 07-05-2013, 05:21 PM   #4
T00THD0C
2013 JK Wrangler 

You're welcome!
T00THD0C is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.