Replacing stock wheels - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Replacing stock wheels

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREESpartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.8Steinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 07-05-2013, 03:53 PM   #1
takeitsleazy
2013 JK Wrangler 

Replacing stock wheels

First off, I dont want to replace my tires yet- there is no resale for them where I live, so I may as well use them. In the meantime, the 16x7s im running are godawful ugly, and im looking into replacing them. Would a set of 16x8s be compatible with my stock 225 75 16s, or should I buy 16x7s? If the latter, would that limit my tire width on future tires? (33s) Id just rather not cause any harm to the tires I have

Unread 07-05-2013, 04:01 PM   #2
T00THD0C
2013 JK Wrangler 

You can use the existing tires on an 8" rim and get bigger tires later or for not much more money, find some take-off wheels and tires on Craigslist. A lot of them are like new with low miles. You could even go down to an inexpensive 15" wheel and save money by buying a 33" tire for the 15" wheel. Lots of people do that.
T00THD0C is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2013, 04:16 PM   #3
takeitsleazy
2013 JK Wrangler 

A tire purchase will probably wait until im back in the US- and even then ill probably run 16s, just to avoid the brake-rub issue. 16s arent terribly expensive, especially if I get a 5x4.5 bolt pattern wheel and adapter. Ill be researching all of that, but I have yet to read anything on different widths of wheels and the effects it may have on a tire. Thanks for your answer!
Unread 07-05-2013, 04:21 PM   #4
T00THD0C
2013 JK Wrangler 

You're welcome!
T00THD0C is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.