Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Replacement exterior plastic door handles

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  14Sport 
#1 ·
My 07 outside door handles are faded and need to be replaced or repainted.
I've been searching hi and low for replacements and just can't find any. There are inserts etc but they don't cover up the faded part. I find it odd that I can't simply find replacement aftermarket plastic handles.
My other option would be to just paint them but I can't find any information on that either.
Any suggestions on what to use to repaint them?

Thanks

#3 ·
Option

Before you go to a lot of effort to paint or replace your door handles have you tried something as simple as Mothers Back to Black or the equivalent? Rub it on, scub it with a small brush and let it sit for a while before wiping it off with a clean cloth. I think you will be amazed at how this freshens up the look of all the black plastic on the Jeep.

#5 ·
Before you go to a lot of effort to paint or replace your door handles have you tried something as simple as Mothers Back to Black or the equivalent? Rub it on, scub it with a small brush and let it sit for a while before wiping it off with a clean cloth. I think you will be amazed at how this freshens up the look of all the black plastic on the Jeep.
:agree:

That's what I use too and like CharcoalJK said "you will be amazed".
:cheers2:

#9 ·
Have you tried it on any body plastics yet?

I really liked duplicator wheel paint and wouldn't hesitate to try this stuff. My door handles are lacking some luster as well

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.