Rental vs Mine - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Rental vs Mine

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 07-05-2009, 07:34 PM   #1
Little Green
1991 FSJ Wagoneer 

Rental vs Mine

So back in Puerto Rico last week, just got back. Rented a 4 door JK just like I did 2 years ago which I loved and the reason I ended up buying mine a year and a half ago. Anyway, Mine is on 33 X12.5 Mickeys, Maganflow Catback, K & N Intake, Superchips Tuner, Edlebrock Shocks etc, etc. I can't believe the difference. Keep in mind the rental is the same except for mine is a 6 speed. Both X's, That rental could barely get out of it's own way. The little mickey mouse tires(the ones mine came with), it was just sad. I could not wait to get back to the airport so I could drive my baby home. Good Lord even the wife( who is constantly complaining about all the stuff that I do to the Jeep) said, " I can't believe how much better your Jeep rides, how much better it sounds, how much faster it is and how much better it looks". I just wanted to say how much I love my Jeep with it's almost always leaky top and it's poor gas mileage.

Unread 07-05-2009, 09:26 PM   #2
Seanbmc
2009 JK Wrangler 

If you could pick one thing that sets yours above the rental what would it be?
Mastercraft Grab Handles, Mopar Slush Mats, Hitch.
Seanbmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2009, 05:39 AM   #3
Little Green
1991 FSJ Wagoneer 

Acceleration and highway manners. Mine is definately quicker off the line and in passing speed and is more stable with my tires vs. stock JK X tires which are so small it should be illegal
Unread 07-06-2009, 09:00 AM   #4
N2rock
2007 JK Wrangler 

I'm going to venture a guess that it had more to do with the fact that the rental was an automatic, and yours is a 6 speed.

His: '07 Unlimited X, Jeep Green, Hardtop, auto, 5.13, 2.5" RC lift and too many mods to list

Hers: '08 X Red Rock, soft top, auto. Bunch of mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlgraham View Post
If you made a snuggy out of a Shamwow, ....would you have to get up off the couch to pee?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepskyy View Post
At this point if Obama tried to move a little to the right, he would trip over Stalin's corpse.
N2rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2009, 10:14 AM   #5
VICTIM_OF_PAIN
2008 JK Wrangler 

Gearing????

[B]Ex - 2001 Wrangler, 2" BB, 32" BGF AT's. JKS Quicker Disconnects, Oil Pan Skid, Steering Box Skid. Hard Top, Soft Top, Safari Top, Olympic Mountaineer Rack.[/B][/COLOR]

Current - 2008 Unlimited Wrangler Rubicon. Rock Krawler Stock Mod 2.5" lift, 35x12.50x15 Cooper STT's on Pro-Comp D-Windows, Husky Floor Liners, Mastercraft Grab Handles, Weathertech Side Window Deflectors, Hitch mounted D-Ring, Rancho Oil Pan Skid, Rugged Ridge E-Disco Skid, and a Skid Row Evap Canister Skid plate.

[B]It is better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool.... than to open it and remove all doubt[/B].
VICTIM_OF_PAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2009, 10:53 AM   #6
Little Green
1991 FSJ Wagoneer 

Yes auto vs 6 speed but I think it was the overall set up of the jeep. My buddy has a stock rubi 4 door 6 speed and with my crappy gears I will smoke him everytime we run in our long parking lot. We have even switched jeeps and done runs and there is no comparison.
Unread 07-06-2009, 01:42 PM   #7
Vertisce
2007 JK Wrangler 

My JK gets plenty of speed off the line. Its all about how you treat the pedal...sure you didnt have a 4 banger under the rental hood or something?
Vertisce is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.