Removing soft top smart? water tight? ideas?!? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Removing soft top smart? water tight? ideas?!?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 07-22-2010, 11:54 PM   #1
nismosis
2008 JK Wrangler 

Removing soft top smart? water tight? ideas?!?

I want to remove my soft-top permanently I think. Can anybody tell me how weather tight things like bikini tops, and dusters are? I am just looking for some alternatives to the factory top that occasionally leaks anyways... thanks!

nismosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2010, 12:02 AM   #2
waterboarder
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nismosis View Post
Can anybody tell me how weather tight things like bikini tops, and dusters are?
They're not.
waterboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2010, 03:42 AM   #3
doliss
2009 JK Wrangler 

Think of a bikini as an umbrella. They will keep you dry as long as the rain is coming straight down. As soon as the wind moves it just a tad bit to the side everything that isn't 1 foot directly under the center of it will get wet
doliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2010, 03:44 AM   #4
LKrux
1997 TJ Wrangler 

do it if your looking for excitement during weather storms.
Unread 07-23-2010, 07:09 AM   #5
Jordon83
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by doliss View Post
Think of a bikini as an umbrella. They will keep you dry as long as the rain is coming straight down. As soon as the wind moves it just a tad bit to the side everything that isn't 1 foot directly under the center of it will get wet
My besttop bikini when attached to the the door surrounds actually keeps out most water even during a hard sideways rain. The only place I have had a problem is toward the windshield where the bikini is a little loose, I get a drop or two when strait down but nothing but more than a mist when driving.

The duster will keep most water out of the rear area, but the fabric around the roll bars will be out in the open. Can't say for the windjammer though, mine was just ordered.
Jordon83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2010, 08:40 AM   #6
DeepSky
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordon83 View Post
My besttop bikini when attached to the the door surrounds actually keeps out most water even during a hard sideways rain. The only place I have had a problem is toward the windshield where the bikini is a little loose, I get a drop or two when strait down but nothing but more than a mist when driving.
Same here. I drove through a Florida monsoon and while I was moving no water came through the cracks. Water will drip where Jordon describes when its sitting still though, but its not bad.
Unread 07-23-2010, 10:56 AM   #7
nismosis
2008 JK Wrangler 

thanks all
nismosis is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.