Remote start aborted system fault - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Remote start aborted system fault

Grizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 08-11-2014, 09:48 AM   #1
Hemimonster425
2014 JK Wrangler 

Remote start aborted system fault

I have a 14 jkur 4200 miles I remote started it as I was walking in to pick up take out so my pup has ac while I run in the restaurant. I come out 1 min later and my jeep isn't running and I get a remote start aborted system fault. It has never happened before this is the first time. Anyone else experience this?

Hemimonster425 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2014, 07:28 AM   #2
Hemimonster425
2014 JK Wrangler 

I remote started my jeep a few times since and it hasn't happend again.
Unread 08-12-2014, 07:47 AM   #3
HappyTrails
Registered Voter w/ID

2008 JK Wrangler 

It may be the battery becoming weak.
A Jeep mechanic told me that the remote start is hard on the battery. I do not know why.

I installed a Sears DieHard Platinum battery and it works every single time now.
"Don't give up 5 minutes before the miracle occurs."
HappyTrails is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2014, 12:21 PM   #4
79cj7amc304auto
2013 JK Wrangler 

My remote start on my '11 GC will start but then shut off if it's too low on gas. Could be ur problem. My remote start in my rubicon hasn't done this, but I rarely run it lower then a 1/4 tank so as not to let the fuel pump overheat.
79cj7amc304auto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2014, 01:06 PM   #5
Hemimonster425
2014 JK Wrangler 

I have 3/4 of fuel in her. If it happens again I'll become really concerned. Thing of it is I just installed aevs 2.5 lift so I'm sure my dealership will try to play the voided warranty card if they do I'll be upset.
Unread 08-12-2014, 07:30 PM   #6
jay-h
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Could be a fluke electronic thing. Just keep an eye on it, it will either never (or almost never) happen again, or will get worse. First case no problem. Second case, you're still under warranty.

wife's toys
97 Grand Cherokee (ZJ)
87 MB 560SL roadster
jay-h is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2014, 08:42 PM   #7
nwbronco
2014 JK Wrangler 

Spin the key 3 times and see if any codes are present. Mine kicked out a PO520, and I got the same message on the remote start until the repair was made. Now it is working again.

Bob K.
'13 Black 10A Rubicon JKU
nwbronco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2014, 08:48 PM   #8
goodwrenchdave
2008 JK Wrangler 

Yeah pull the codes out for fun- Some engine codes will prevent remote start.
or swing by a dealership and see if they can just do a quick scan of remote starter inhibit faults/reasons.
I believe the last 5 are held in history.

just for giggles try this. remote start your car while inside and see if hitting unlock button from inside turns it off- maybe your pooch was trying to get out?
goodwrenchdave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2014, 07:23 PM   #9
Hemimonster425
2014 JK Wrangler 

He could of been I have a super chips I'll pull codes tonight it hasn't done it since. Although I haven't driven it much since
Unread 08-13-2014, 07:23 PM   #10
Hemimonster425
2014 JK Wrangler 

Nwbronco this happened to you. What did the dealership replace.
Unread 08-14-2014, 07:33 AM   #11
JeepCares

from the 2014 JK FSM -

REMOTE STARTING SYSTEM

The remote starting system will allow the vehicle to be started from distances of up to approximately 300 feet away from the vehicle. It operates using the remote keyless entry key fob which is part of your ignition key.

In order to remote start your vehicle, the hood and all the doors must be closed.

To remote start your vehicle, press the REMOTE START button on the key fob twice within three seconds. To indicate that the vehicle is about to start, the parking lights will flash and the horn will sound briefly.

Once the vehicle has started, the engine will run for 15 minutes. To cancel remote start, press the REMOTE START button once.

The parking lamps will remain illuminated to indicate that the vehicle has remote started and the engine is running. The lamps will turn off when the ignition is turned to RUN or the remote start is cancelled.

To enter the vehicle while the engine is running during a remote start, you must first unlock the vehicle using the UNLOCK button on the key fob. After the vehicle is unlocked, you have 60 seconds to enter the vehicle, insert the key in the Ignition and move it to the RUN position, otherwise the engine will cancel remote start and automatically turn off.

Remote start will cancel if any of the following occur:

•If the engine stalls or RPM exceeds 2500
•Any engine warning lamps come on
•The hood is opened
•The hazard switch is pressed
•The transmission is moved out of park
•Low fuel indicator is on. Low fuel levels.
•The brake pedal is pressed before the vehicle door has been unlocked. If you remote start the vehicle while inside the vehicle and press the brake pedal, the vehicle remote start will cancel.

The vehicle can be started remotely up to a maximum of two times. The vehicle is also allowed a maximum of one failed start. This is where the remote start sequence was initiated but the engine stopped cranking without starting. After either of these conditions, or if the Vehicle Theft Alarm is alarming, or if the PANIC button was pressed, the vehicle must be reset by inserting a valid key into the ignition and moving it to the RUN position, then back to LOCK.
JeepCares is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2014, 12:59 PM   #12
nwbronco
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemimonster425 View Post
Nwbronco this happened to you. What did the dealership replace.
Oil sending unit. Hung at 99psi, even with the engine not running.

Bob K.
'13 Black 10A Rubicon JKU
nwbronco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.