Remote Start - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Remote Start

Rugged Ridge 07-14 JK Sherpa Roof Rack available @ Oconee Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Great prices on seating!--Oconee Off-Road

Unread 11-12-2013, 10:37 AM   #1
Mlarv
2014 JK Wrangler 

Remote Start

Well my wife made me buy her a early present last night. We had a 2007 Explorer and where getting ready to look at another one to replace it with. When she said I really like the looks of the Wrangler's. I said lets go take a test drive and see if you like the ride. She didn't like the ride of the 2 door was to ruff for her (remember she was used to an explorer) . The salesman didn't miss a lick and said try the 4 door Unlimited. She drove it and liked it. We ended up with a Freedom addition nice loaded on a lease. This all come to my question. Is there a factory remote start or after market remote start I can install myself ( I have the knowledge and tools just not a brand or type)? So when I give it back in a few years I can pull it out and sell it or? She got used to the creature comforts of the explorer with remote start and heated seats. I am not going to install heated seats but the remote start I may be nice enough to do.

Thanks

img_0003.jpg

Unread 11-12-2013, 02:56 PM   #2
mello

If there is a factory add on defiantly go that route. I have seen to many aftermarket remote start systems cause drivability concerns and weird electrical demons even when installed professionally.
mello is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-12-2013, 03:07 PM   #3
OldJeeper
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlarv View Post
The salesman didn't miss a lick and said try the 4 door Unlimited. She drove it and liked it. We ended up with a Freedom addition nice loaded on a lease. This all come to my question. Is there a factory remote start or after market remote start I can install myself ( I have the knowledge and tools just not a brand or type)?
Are you sure it doesn't already have it? Around here, just about every Wrangler sitting on a dealer's lot, has the remote start option (must be a big profit item).
OldJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-12-2013, 03:22 PM   #4
JeepAdiction
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I have had the $159 remote starts installed in all my vehicles without any problems. They are not wirth the time to do yourself.
13 Grand Cherokee Limited
JeepAdiction is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-12-2013, 03:51 PM   #5
djm
2013 JK Wrangler 

[Quote] Mlarv - What Would Scoby Do? [Quote]

Me thinks Scoby would have negotiated the deal right down to signing the papers and then asked the salesman about the remote start. If there is not one already installed - I would have told him we need to have one or no deal. I'm pretty sure they could have found the $75.00 dollars in the deal to save the deal.

Thats what I think Scoby would have done !
djm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-12-2013, 04:01 PM   #6
SilverStreaker
2012 JK Wrangler 

Who's Scoby?

My Wife's Jeep - 2007 Grand Cherokee - only mod - K&N Cold Air Intake system
SilverStreaker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-12-2013, 04:14 PM   #7
wilgeno
Bug-Out!

2013 JK Wrangler 

[quote=djm;17649897][Quote] Mlarv - What Would Scoby Do?
Quote:

Me thinks Scoby would have negotiated the deal right down to signing the papers and then asked the salesman about the remote start. If there is not one already installed - I would have told him we need to have one or no deal. I'm pretty sure they could have found the $75.00 dollars in the deal to save the deal.

I wish I had done that....

Bug-Out! http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/b...build-1568531/

I don't always go topless, but when I do I go Commando!
wilgeno is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-12-2013, 04:16 PM   #8
715racing
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Scoobys' younger brother.

Oops...see below.
Unread 11-12-2013, 04:16 PM   #9
715racing
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverStreaker View Post
Who's Scoby?
Scoobys' younger brother.
Unread 11-13-2013, 05:29 AM   #10
Mlarv
2014 JK Wrangler 

[quote=djm;17649897][Quote] Mlarv - What Would Scoby Do?
Quote:

Hum me thinks I spelt Scooby wrong(-; The wife didn't ask me about the remote start until after we left the dealer and to tell ya the truth I didn't think about it either. The last Wrangler I owned was a 1983 CJ7 with a soft top and I never thought I would see a Wrangler with leather seats and power windows let alone a remote starter.

Thanks I might just bring it in and have an after market installed.
Unread 11-13-2013, 05:34 AM   #11
Mlarv
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJeeper View Post
Are you sure it doesn't already have it? Around here, just about every Wrangler sitting on a dealer's lot, has the remote start option (must be a big profit item).
No I am not sure the key only has lock and unlock on it. I have not seen this in the day light yet my wife goes to school during the day and works nights so until Saturday I can not get my hands on it.
Unread 11-13-2013, 06:15 AM   #12
Gumby1
2014 JK Wrangler 

I've installed literally hundreds of remote starters, from factory to aftermarket. I do like the factory one in the wranglers how they intergrate so well into them and don't have another fob hanging off the key. Cheap too.
Gumby1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-13-2013, 07:12 AM   #13
Mlarv
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby1 View Post
I've installed literally hundreds of remote starters, from factory to aftermarket. I do like the factory one in the wranglers how they intergrate so well into them and don't have another fob hanging off the key. Cheap too.
Do you know of a factory one that is plug and play also looking around it looks like if I get a factory one I will have to bring it to the dealer to turn it o and reprogram the keys.
Unread 11-13-2013, 08:18 AM   #14
Hemimonster425
2014 JK Wrangler 

Your best bet is to have the dealer do it since its a lease. Which dealer did you go with im in youngstown and am in the market for a new jku
Hemimonster425 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-13-2013, 09:59 AM   #15
Mlarv
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemimonster425 View Post
Your best bet is to have the dealer do it since its a lease. Which dealer did you go with im in youngstown and am in the market for a new jku
I am in Kent I went to Klaban on route 59. They have several more to choose from if you head this way I will hook you up with my salesman he is pretty new but he paid attention to what we wanted was not pushy and he stayed with us on a Monday night even in the rain and snow. If he does not know an answer he will gt somebody that does. His name is Gilbert

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.