Remote Oil Filter? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Remote Oil Filter?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSteinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 12-05-2010, 04:58 PM   #1
perryhooah
2008 JK Wrangler 

Remote Oil Filter?

When I change my oil (2008 JK X Unltd) and pull the filter off, the oil in the filterruns out onto the axle. I have seen others (Toyota) that invert the filter so that the filter drains back into the engine. but at this point, I would deal with a 90-degree adapter so the filter holds the oil (not runnin all over the axle).

Am I behing the curve here or has anyone done this?

Unread 12-05-2010, 06:08 PM   #2
RAZORBILL
2014 JK Wrangler 

I wouldn't fuss with changing the filter orientation. I use a small tupperware bowl not much bigger than the filter to catch the oil when taking the filter off. After I get the filter off I let it run for a couple seconds then just stuff a paper towel over the filter area to catch any last drips. You can also put a plastic bag or baggie over the filter as you unscrew it to catch the oil.

Just my 2 cents on the subject...

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.