Relocating 2011 power mirrors - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Relocating 2011 power mirrors

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 10-04-2010, 11:12 PM   #1
omgwtfbbqcopter

Relocating 2011 power mirrors

I was looking at a few sets of relocation brackets, but then it dawned on me... the 2011 models have heated power mirrors! How would we relocate them, or do we just get another set of mirrors to bolt on the Jeep when we remove our doors? Is there a way to relocate them off the doors so that we don't lose the power or heated part? I wouldn't want to have to get different mirrors every time i took the doors off =(

omgwtfbbqcopter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2010, 11:23 PM   #2
DAYJ
2013 JK Wrangler 

got a pic of what the mirrors look like with out the door? maybe stuff the wire and use one of the old brackets, or maybe perhaps make ur own disconnect for the wires for when u remove them from the door... im not sure havent seen them yet....
DAYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2010, 06:04 AM   #3
ls6tt
2010 JK Wrangler 

and so the transformation of the wrangler to a liberty begins
ls6tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2010, 06:39 AM   #4
Jordon83
2009 JK Wrangler 

The power mirrors are an option. I believe it is a Sahara model thing. I'm betting most people who want power heated mirrors won't be wanting to move them anyway. On that note, why relocate them? Why not just get an extra set to mount elsewhere when you remove the doors and save yourself the trouble.
Jordon83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2010, 07:12 AM   #5
SLIM_SNOOPY

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls6tt View Post
and so the transformationof the wrangler to a liberty begins
SO SO SO TRUE!!!!.. What corperate dumb *** thought of that one. Since I bought my Jeep , I adjusted the mirrors once...AT THE DEALERSHIP!!!!. If they want to improve anything on the Wrangler, Add a little more quality factor on some of the parts. I love my Wrangler Sport, best vehicle ever, but you can see where they try to save money in certain areas. Just another way to raise the price,, and add more electrical gremlins to the big picture....

SLIM_SNOOPY
SLIM_SNOOPY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2010, 02:38 PM   #6
DeepSky
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIM_SNOOPY View Post
SO SO SO TRUE!!!!.. What corperate dumb A$$ thought of that one.
Probably the guy in this video:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f176/...-them-1111072/
Unread 10-05-2010, 02:57 PM   #7
VICTIM_OF_PAIN
2008 JK Wrangler 

I agree with above posts, get a set of safari mirrors and put them in the door hinge and be done with it.

And I too have not had to adjust the mirror since leaving the dealership 2 years ago...

[B]Ex - 2001 Wrangler, 2" BB, 32" BGF AT's. JKS Quicker Disconnects, Oil Pan Skid, Steering Box Skid. Hard Top, Soft Top, Safari Top, Olympic Mountaineer Rack.[/B][/COLOR]

Current - 2008 Unlimited Wrangler Rubicon. Rock Krawler Stock Mod 2.5" lift, 35x12.50x15 Cooper STT's on Pro-Comp D-Windows, Husky Floor Liners, Mastercraft Grab Handles, Weathertech Side Window Deflectors, Hitch mounted D-Ring, Rancho Oil Pan Skid, Rugged Ridge E-Disco Skid, and a Skid Row Evap Canister Skid plate.

[B]It is better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool.... than to open it and remove all doubt[/B].
VICTIM_OF_PAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2010, 05:41 PM   #8
Spank
2012 JK Wrangler 

Oh stop. Chrysler has been making multiple interior changes to Wranglers within each of the 10-year production runs since what? The 80s? Granted, not to this extent, but this is nothing new. Besides, if the Penastar ends up being the engine we hope it is and it gets dropped into a JK or the next model, the kickass interior in concert with a long overdue kickass engine is going to produce large bulges in our pants.

Electronic mirrors are dumb, yes, but these creature comforts are what ultimately sell Wranglers. If the Wrangler marque was targeted specifically to offroaders, Chrysler wouldn't sell enough Jeeps and they'd kill the entire line. Be grateful for all the grocery-getting pavement ******* out there because in the end, they make these vehicles available for all of us to enjoy.

(PS: I am not suggesting the OP is the aforementioned "grocery-getting pavement *****," nor any one who owns an '11 Wrangler.)
Spank is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2010, 09:31 PM   #9
omgwtfbbqcopter

Maybe I'm just overreacting a little bit, but I would love to be able to keep the feature by just relocating the mirrors to the windshield hinges and leaving them there to do their job as they were designed. I'll probably just get a set of mirrors that go in the door hinges then. Its alright, I have quite a while before I even purchase my Jeep anyway. I'm just missing my TJ since i sold it and now i'm sporting around a 1987 cadillac until I get all the money together. My target delivery is in April so I have a bit of time still

Although i found it screwed up that when i went to the dealership today, the dude would not stop with the 2010 wranglers when i told him mutliple times i wanted to see a 2011
omgwtfbbqcopter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2011, 09:24 AM   #10
Pomz623

holy crap people stay on the subject. how do these things come off. i have the same issue.
Pomz623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2011, 09:41 AM   #11
Charles
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomz623 View Post
holy crap people stay on the subject. how do these things come off. i have the same issue.
Holy crap, search the forum.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/2...ation-1280616/
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2011, 08:27 AM   #12
lui
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles
I'm sure he did search....this threads a year old
lui is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2011, 09:51 AM   #13
spedly
2011 JK Wrangler 

The power mirrors must only be on the fancy ones. My '11 doesn't have nay wires on the mirrors.
Unread 02-14-2012, 09:11 PM   #14
Charles
2008 JK Wrangler 

I got behind a 2012 mirror and here is what you'll be dealing with:

We just cut them and tucked them away. We may do a quick disconnect if he ever puts them back on the door.
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.