Regearing to 4.10 - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Regearing to 4.10

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 05-16-2013, 03:35 PM   #31
cyberpyrot
2012 JK Wrangler 

great I will meet up with a bunch of them in galveston this saturday.

Thought of the day
Trust people who like big butts they cannot lie...
cyberpyrot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2013, 03:35 PM   #32
LVCapo
The Voice of Reason

2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dualtjs View Post
They would also know who the capable installers are (lots of places will say they can do it, but only a handful are really good at it).
Exactly...good catch...I should have mentioned that....finding a great/reputable shop is extremely important
LVCapo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2013, 03:38 PM   #33
HOKIES2010
Web Wheeler

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberpyrot View Post
wait I like to turn left and right...
oh man did I laugh at this. Could see a sad kid who just got told his toy wasn't as good as someone else's.
Unread 05-16-2013, 03:39 PM   #34
maniacal_rick
2012 JK Wrangler 

I just regeared my 12' JK to 4.56's and ARB's front and rear. I'm running a 34.6" tire and here is my suggestion. 4.56's, a manual transmission and 35's is almost perfect...its a bit too much gear if you ask me. I think with this setup you would be able to run a smaller 37" tire and it will be perfect. If you never plan on going larger than 35's, I would do 4.10's.
Unread 05-16-2013, 04:28 PM   #35
brianjw
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniacal_rick
I just regeared my 12' JK to 4.56's and ARB's front and rear. I'm running a 34.6" tire and here is my suggestion. 4.56's, a manual transmission and 35's is almost perfect...its a bit too much gear if you ask me. I think with this setup you would be able to run a smaller 37" tire and it will be perfect. If you never plan on going larger than 35's, I would do 4.10's.
I can't see anyone's locations with the iPhone app, but as a 2012 jkru owner with a six speed, 4.10s and 35s, I say gear lower (4.56). 4.10s work, but I spend a lot of time in the mountains and speed limits here are 65-70.
brianjw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2013, 04:35 PM   #36
maniacal_rick
2012 JK Wrangler 

I should have qualified my statement. I haven't driven much in the mountains yet. Mostly flat land and city driving.
Unread 05-16-2013, 04:44 PM   #37
brianjw
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniacal_rick
I should have qualified my statement. I haven't driven much in the mountains yet. Mostly flat land and city driving.
4.10s with 35s is probably a sweet spot for mileage for what it's worth. I regularly get 16 in town and CAN get 18 highway if I'm driving easy.
Unread 05-28-2013, 07:12 PM   #38
Krazman

2013 JK Wrangler 

You could also look for some Rubi take-offs. My '13 Rubi is 4.10 with about a 34.5" tire and it has good zip on the street and plenty of crawl in 4-lo. Though, I think the 4:1 transfer case helps with that. I think it would be fine even up to 37's before I started thinking 4.56's.
- My Build Saga
- Sarge's Spec Sheet
Krazman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-28-2013, 07:46 PM   #39
S1L3NT_WH33L3R
2005 WK 

I foundation guy selling his 4.10s off his '10 Rubi I understand I could use the rear ones but not the front seeing as how I have a sport. Am I wrong?
'05 WK Limited, QD-II, 5.7L HEMI, Volant Cold Air Intake, Aries Taillight Guards, Rola Roof Rack, Cobra CB, Firestik Antennas, Magnaflow Performance Exhaust, OME HD lift, 285/70-17 GY Duratracs, Spidertrax Spacers, Superchips Programmer, Steel Armadillo Super Sliders
~Jeep makes it HEMI shakes it~Ain't Nothing Humble about that HEMI Rumble~
S1L3NT_WH33L3R is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-28-2013, 08:13 PM   #40
brianjw
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1L3NT_WH33L3R
I foundation guy selling his 4.10s off his '10 Rubi I understand I could use the rear ones but not the front seeing as how I have a sport. Am I wrong?
Either way the actual ring and pinion is a small part of the cost. Labor, bearings, sealant and oil will make up more than the cost of the gears themselves.

The other part of the issue is that some shops won't install used parts or parts that you sourced elsewhere, and if they do they will make up the loss by charging more for labor. Furthermore they will not warranty any problems, even if the gears are not set up properly.

Just FYI. Some people still buy and install used gears and that's fine, but it would behoove you to talk to the shop who will be installing the parts first.
Unread 05-28-2013, 10:43 PM   #41
222Doc
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1L3NT_WH33L3R View Post
true: the d30 you have in the front can not use the ring and pin from the d44 in that rubi used gear set.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.