Regearing to 4.10 - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Regearing to 4.10

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 05-16-2013, 01:42 PM   #16
cyberpyrot
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dualtjs View Post
Wow. When I was specking out new JK's, the jeep site automatically changed the gearing to 3.73, when I chose automatic.

I apologize for adding erroneous info to the discussion.
no worries im clueless to all this stuff I just want to know the best package to buy to get it done where all I need to do is pay for labor somewhere.

Thought of the day
Trust people who like big butts they cannot lie...
cyberpyrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2013, 01:58 PM   #17
KrawlOff-Road
Vendor

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberpyrot View Post
is tyhat front and rear? with carrier? What is nitros do I need that?
Yes, that is front and rear. Sounds like you need the carrier too since you have the 3.21's. The Nitro's is a brand of gear we have to run instead of the Yukons if you go to the 4.56's. Yukon does not have a 4.56. The Nitro's are a bit more so that is why we have to add in the $120.00.

So, 4.56 Nitro's, with carrier and master install kit your at $794.99 shipped.

You COULD even step up to the 4.88's and save the $120.00.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dualtjs View Post
He has an auto, which is 3.73 geared. No carrier needed. Does your company have a list of "suggested" installers for different cities?
No I sure dont. We can supply the gears for you and it would not be to hard to find a shop to do the install for you. Let me know if we can help in anyway.

-Jason

Tires-FREE SHIPPING!!
KrawlOff-Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2013, 02:00 PM   #18
cavscout187
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Why not get a new axle from a 4banger if you get it from a Cherokee it will have a HP 30 front.
cavscout187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2013, 02:01 PM   #19
cavscout187
2003 TJ Wrangler 

And Yukon has 456. That's what I have on my Tj
Unread 05-16-2013, 02:03 PM   #20
LVCapo
The Voice Of Reason

2013 JK Wrangler 

4.88 is just way too high to be recommending unless he plans on little highway driving and wants a pretty much offroad dedicated rig.

OP, what do you do? How much experience do you have with jeeps/offroading? What is your goal with this Jeep? We need put together a plan here or you guys are gonna talk him into 40's and an Atlas transfer case.....
LVCapo is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2013, 02:07 PM   #21
cyberpyrot
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capper5016 View Post
4.88 is just way too high to be recommending unless he plans on little highway driving and wants a pretty much offroad dedicated rig.

OP, what do you do? How much experience do you have with jeeps/offroading? What is your goal with this Jeep? We need put together a plan here or you guys are gonna talk him into 40's and an Atlas transfer case.....
dont do alot of offraoding I love taking it to the beach I just want to pop 35's on it and start hitting the trails as well with all the armor I put on this think its getting sluggish so I want to have 35's and regain some of the lost power.

Thought of the day
Unread 05-16-2013, 02:09 PM   #22
cavscout187
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I read through the app won't show do you have a Tj or jk? Auto manual? All the gearing depends on that.
Unread 05-16-2013, 02:12 PM   #23
JoonHoss
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavscout187 View Post
Why not get a new axle from a 4banger if you get it from a Cherokee it will have a HP 30 front.
Because then he'd have an HP 30 cherokee front axle on the front of his JK.

Hoss

Don't mind me, I'm just another FNG around here...
JoonHoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2013, 02:14 PM   #24
cavscout187
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Again didn't show on the app. And the Cherokee isnt as wide as the jks so he won't have the bent tube issue jks fronts have been known for.

Or sleeve it
Unread 05-16-2013, 02:19 PM   #25
JoonHoss
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavscout187 View Post
Again didn't show on the app. And the Cherokee isnt as wide as the jks so he won't have the bent tube issue jks fronts have been known for.

Or sleeve it

he also wouldn't have the 5 on 5 bolt pattern JK's are known for-or the ability to turn left or right.

Hoss

Don't mind me, I'm just another FNG around here...
JoonHoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2013, 02:20 PM   #26
cyberpyrot
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoonHoss View Post

he also wouldn't have the 5 on 5 bolt pattern JK's are known for-or the ability to turn left or right.

Hoss
wait I like to turn left and right...

Thought of the day
Unread 05-16-2013, 02:23 PM   #27
LVCapo
The Voice Of Reason

2013 JK Wrangler 

As you are new to this...my recommendation is to network with a local Jeep club....these forums are a fantastic resource with a lot of great people....but you simply cannot beat a first hand experience when making tough (and expensive) decisions. Meet up with some knowledgeable people in your area and see what they are running...ride along or (gasp) drive one of their rigs to get a feel for the different combos.
I'd just hate to see you sink a bunch of money into something and be unhappy with the results.
Unread 05-16-2013, 02:24 PM   #28
cyberpyrot
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
As you are new to this...my recommendation is to network with a local Jeep club....these forums are a fantastic resource with a lot of great people....but you simply cannot beat a first hand experience when making tough (and expensive) decisions. Meet up with some knowledgeable people in your area and see what they are running...ride along or (gasp) drive one of their rigs to get a feel for the different combos.
I'd just hate to see you sink a bunch of money into something and be unhappy with the results.
that sounds like a great idea.

Thought of the day
Unread 05-16-2013, 02:31 PM   #29
LVCapo
The Voice Of Reason

2013 JK Wrangler 

Heres a forum link to a Houston area thread....over a thousand pages, so it seems pretty active. Read the last couple pages and they seem like great guys. Maybe post there about meeting up with some guys.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f348/...ogether-56825/
Unread 05-16-2013, 02:33 PM   #30
dualtjs
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
They would also know who the capable installers are (lots of places will say they can do it, but only a handful are really good at it).
dualtjs is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.