Recs for simple 2" spring lift, without shocks or bumps - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Recs for simple 2" spring lift, without shocks or bumps

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-10-2009, 03:14 PM   #1
DocJake
in therapy

2009 JK Wrangler 

Recs for simple 2" spring lift, without shocks or bumps

Looking to lift less than 2" and use original shocks, bump stops. Most kits I see have the shocks and other add-ons. Can someone recommend a simple 1.5" to 2" set of springs? Will be going to 16 inch DC-1's with diameter of 33. Occasional off-road, but no hard-core. :P

09 Sahara 2 Door
Stock 18's/32

DocJake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2009, 03:23 PM   #2
JKNorth
2008 JK Wrangler 

Here you go:

Daystar - Driven by Design

Simple spacers. Easiest way to go. Less than 2". If you're keeping mainly to the road, these should be just fine.
Unread 10-10-2009, 04:27 PM   #3
DocJake
in therapy

2009 JK Wrangler 

Thanks, JK. How do you like your BDS Spring lift? Did you change out your shocks as well?
DocJake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2009, 09:12 PM   #4
JKNorth
2008 JK Wrangler 

I like it just fine! The ride is smooth, and it gave me enough lift to fit 33's comfortably. Plus, it comes with a lifetime warranty on parts, no questions asked, and it's made in the USA.

I replaced both springs and shocks. It also came with bumpstops, a trackbar relocation bracket and I fabbed up brake line extenders.

Of course, every now and then I want to go bigger. When I put the winch and bumper on, I'll pop in spacers in the front to bring it back up, and then some. Might throw some Daystar .75" spacers in the back too.

From what I've been able to determine you can get to 3" before you need to really start replacing a lot of suspension bits.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.