Recent JK's Using Different Softtop & Engine Power - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Recent JK's Using Different Softtop & Engine Power

Ring & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, Ba~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 01-09-2007, 09:15 PM   #1
JeepLore

Recent JK's Using Different Softtop & Engine Power

I have a 07 Unlimited softop that was built in August. I was at my dealer tonight and saw a few new JK Unlimited's in the lot. One was an X and one was a Sahara. ONe was built in October and the other in December. I noticed the inside of the soft top was much lighter and more 'canvassy' than my August built one. Did Jeep switch the material or change something from the early production models? The outside seemed the same, but the inside felt more stiff and rouch. My JK's is darker and smoother. Has anyone else noticed this? It is probably meaningless, but I wonder if they made a switch to a slightly different material for some reason.

I have been loving the Jeep since I bought it 3 weeks ago. I have the 6 speed with 410. I highly recommend to everyong to get the 410's. The 3.8 engine is fine, but it needs to rev higher than the old I6 on my '93 Wrangler. (the YJ's had great power to weight ratio's - they weighed in at around 3000lbs with the I6)

The 410's on the JK work great. I was up in mountains of Western MD and Western PA (about 3000 feet, but steep) and the JK, fully loaded down, ate the hills up as long as you kept the rpm;s in the 3000-4000 range.

JeepLore is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2007, 04:39 AM   #2
UTAH

Welcome to the forum, JeepLore.

Bill

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.