Rear Wiper on 2008 JK Hardtop - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Rear Wiper on 2008 JK Hardtop

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15”/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 02-18-2011, 11:20 AM   #1
michaelkern
2008 JK Wrangler 

Rear Wiper on 2008 JK Hardtop

Does anyone know how to replace the wiper blade on the 2008 JK hardtop. The wiper blade itself is falling apart so bought a replacement but can't figure out how to change it out. It only moves about 3 inches off the glass.

Black Jeep Club V2.0 Member #106
Nowhere to Wheel Jeep Club member #2
michaelkern is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2011, 12:49 PM   #2
Creases
2008 JK Wrangler 

Replacing rear wiper blades jeep JK

Go to

http://diggsc.typepad.com/tomorrowan...d-pivot-p.html

Give good instructions with photos.
Creases is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2011, 05:04 PM   #3
bluegrassguitar
2011 WK 

If I am not mistaken (and I very well could be), the rear blade is supposedto be fixed in the wiper arm. If that's true, then you are supposed to replace the entire arm. I also remember a while back that someone said he had managed to buy a front blade, cut it to fit the rear arm, and saved a bunch of $$.
bluegrassguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2011, 06:28 PM   #4
BlueLesPaul2006
2012 JK Wrangler 

No you can pull it off. I replaced mine with a 12" rear blade from pepboys. the safe way is to pull the arm up and hit/tap the blade with your palm. It will pop out and you can replace the wiper or replace the whole blade. The 12" works well but you lose 1 inch of wipe. I have used a 14" you will gain 1 inch but it did not seem to work that well and jumped around.

Dang, all this time and I thought it was the famous Jeep Wave!! ~bluegrassguitar
BlueLesPaul2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2011, 07:58 PM   #5
yoda13
Force Wheeler

2007 JK Wrangler 

I need to do this...my rear blade is starting to come apart...its only been on there 4 years
2007 White Jeep Wrangler X-auto, black freedom top, 15x8 Pro Comp Rock Crawlers, 33x12.5x15 BFG KM2s, Superchips Flashpaq, 2" OME Spring Lift, Bilsteins, Rusty's Adjustable front and rear trac-bar, JKS Quicker Disconnects, Rusty's adjustable lower control arms (front and rear), PolyPerformance adjustable upper control arms (front and rear), OEM Rubicon Rock Rails, Finishlinewest Stonehenge Series rear bumper, Smittybuilt winch, Body Armor Front High Clearance Bumper w/ KC Highlights mounted, Roadmaster towbar, Valley 2" receiver hitch, Skid Row Engine Transmission skid, sPod switching system, KC Highlights windshield mounted lights, Delta replacement non-quadbar xenon headlamps, and Bestop saddlebags-Member of the United Four Wheel Drive Association and Blue Ribbon Coalition, †John 3:16†

RIP Mrs. yoda13... My life is better for having had you in it and you made me a better man...I can't wait to see you again...I love you always and forever, and for all eternity

If you want to help the sport of off-roading, and protect your right to do so, please visit the Envirobeat
forum...

yoda13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2011, 07:59 PM   #6
yoda13
Force Wheeler

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creases View Post
Go to

http://diggsc.typepad.com/tomorrowan...d-pivot-p.html

Give good instructions with photos.

This link didn't work at all, and did some funky things when I clicked it...
2007 White Jeep Wrangler X-auto, black freedom top, 15x8 Pro Comp Rock Crawlers, 33x12.5x15 BFG KM2s, Superchips Flashpaq, 2" OME Spring Lift, Bilsteins, Rusty's Adjustable front and rear trac-bar, JKS Quicker Disconnects, Rusty's adjustable lower control arms (front and rear), PolyPerformance adjustable upper control arms (front and rear), OEM Rubicon Rock Rails, Finishlinewest Stonehenge Series rear bumper, Smittybuilt winch, Body Armor Front High Clearance Bumper w/ KC Highlights mounted, Roadmaster towbar, Valley 2" receiver hitch, Skid Row Engine Transmission skid, sPod switching system, KC Highlights windshield mounted lights, Delta replacement non-quadbar xenon headlamps, and Bestop saddlebags-Member of the United Four Wheel Drive Association and Blue Ribbon Coalition, †John 3:16†

RIP Mrs. yoda13... My life is better for having had you in it and you made me a better man...I can't wait to see you again...I love you always and forever, and for all eternity

If you want to help the sport of off-roading, and protect your right to do so, please visit the Envirobeat
forum...

Unread 02-18-2011, 08:11 PM   #7
boostedboxer
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoda13 View Post
This link didn't work at all, and did some funky things when I clicked it...
Yea for some reason that link does some weird stuff..will work if you copy and paste though
boostedboxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2011, 08:16 PM   #8
yoda13
Force Wheeler

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostedboxer View Post
Yea for some reason that link does some weird stuff..will work if you copy and paste though
Thank you! I got it to work that way too...

forum...

Unread 03-01-2011, 05:14 PM   #9
priell3
2014 KL Cherokee 

Good info. Took less than a minute to change the blade.
2003 KJ
2000 XJ
priell3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2011, 06:18 PM   #10
Washi
Rockbiter

2009 JK Wrangler 

Yay! Thank you! I musta missed the copy and paste when I originally read this. I have a big pet peave about streaky ineffective windshield wipers and dirty glass (almost OCD about it ). Call me wierd, but I like to see out the vehicle!
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________________________________

/l ,[_____],
l----L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)-o-)_)
Washi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2011, 05:50 AM   #11
michaelkern
2008 JK Wrangler 

Thanks for the link. That did indeed work perfectly
Black Jeep Club V2.0 Member #106
Nowhere to Wheel Jeep Club member #2
michaelkern is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2013, 05:35 PM   #12
dj9281

I saw that instruction link but I just couldn't get the wiper removed from the arm. Anyway, I bought a replacement arm for $55 dollars and wondered if anyone knew where there were any instructions on how to install it?
Thanks
dj9281 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.