Rear track bar rubbing on springs, solutions? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Rear track bar rubbing on springs, solutions?

Component speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFGIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!

Unread 04-19-2009, 03:03 AM   #1
Warlord2
2007 JK Wrangler 

Rear track bar rubbing on springs, solutions?

Hey Ive had this problem after I corrected the pinion angle on the rear axle when I got the new driveshaft in. When I flex hard or go over a bump hard my rear springs will brush the rear track bar. Are there any adaptors I can buy that will move the track bar out a bit? Hasnt gave me any real problems, just some ginding noises while on the sand dunes. Its already an adj track bar so I didnt want to replace the whole thing and find I have the same problem with a different one. I cant be the first one to have this problem, what are some solutions?

07 JK 2D X model with 6 speeds. Full Traction 3" ultimate lift kit. 315x75x16 Toyo Open Country M/T on Rock crawler procomp rim. Ruby dana44's front sleeved inside/outside C truss and rear with 5.13's gears. Homemade rock guards, rear bumper w/tire carrier, oilpan/tranny skid, evap canister skid, light bar, switch pod. Riddler diff covers, Cobra 75 w/wilson antenna, Polk speakers, 10" sub, 2x Amps, Lightforce 240 drive light, backup lights, rock lights.
Warlord2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2009, 06:22 AM   #2
Prot
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

Maybe going with a relocating bracket. Early designs were poor fir the JK but have since been improved. Based on my experience with poly performance high steer kit, I'd say give their rear bracket a try.
Unread 04-19-2009, 08:12 AM   #3
edwin907

Check to see how your springs are sitting in the upper mounts.
I had the same problem and my spring was shifted to the rear of the mounting position.
Had to disconnect almost everything to get it loose enough to slide back over, but since that I'm good, no problems at all.
edwin907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2009, 01:10 PM   #4
ChicagoGuy
formerly VetteDriver

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwin907 View Post
Check to see how your springs are sitting in the upper mounts.
I had the same problem and my spring was shifted to the rear of the mounting position.
Had to disconnect almost everything to get it loose enough to slide back over, but since that I'm good, no problems at all.
x2 - I had it unseat a bit during hard breaking, and had the EXACT same issue, but removing the spring and reseating it fixed the problem.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.