Rear Swaybar - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Rear Swaybar

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Poison Spyder DeFenders™ - "Tubeless" Jeep FendeSanta Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!

Unread 08-12-2013, 10:40 AM   #1
coyboy
2008 JK Wrangler 

Rear Swaybar

The swaybar broke where it welds to the axle. I tried to weld it back and even boxed it in, but now it is just bouncing around in the box. Does anyone have any ideas on getting this fixed? I't really is rough/loud/annoying.

coyboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2013, 10:48 AM   #2
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

Replace it with a currie antirock

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2013, 11:10 AM   #3
brianjw
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyboy
The swaybar broke where it welds to the axle. I tried to weld it back and even boxed it in, but now it is just bouncing around in the box. Does anyone have any ideas on getting this fixed? I't really is rough/loud/annoying.
The sway bar broke or the bracket that holds it to the frame, or the end links that go to the axle? Because your descriptions makes it sound like the sway bar is welded to the axle and doesn't make any sense.
brianjw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2013, 11:41 AM   #4
RockyClymer
RedRock4Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Sounds like the bracket although a photo would help a lot. So, probably just needs to get a replacement bracket welded on regardless of stock or aftermarket IMO. Wondering if there was an extension bracket that placed additional force on the stock bracket...this does happen sometimes. Agn, OP a photo?
"It takes a special kind of stupid to believe criminals will follow gun laws."
I do not consider myself a smartass. I point out the obvious, search for the truth, and speak fluent sarcasm. I am, by experience, an accomplished curmudgeon.
RockyClymer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2013, 11:53 AM   #5
brianjw
2012 JK Wrangler 

I'm almost thinking he is talking about the track bar?
brianjw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2013, 12:35 PM   #6
coyboy
2008 JK Wrangler 

The bracket is what is broken
coyboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2013, 12:51 PM   #7
RockyClymer
RedRock4Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

There are a couple of good brand replacements when you do a search for jk trackbar bracket...have one welded on. Teraflex and Rubicon Express come to mind.
"It takes a special kind of stupid to believe criminals will follow gun laws."
I do not consider myself a smartass. I point out the obvious, search for the truth, and speak fluent sarcasm. I am, by experience, an accomplished curmudgeon.
RockyClymer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2013, 02:01 PM   #8
Spank
2012 JK Wrangler 

Any decent shop should be able to weld the trackbar bracket back onto the axle and with added metal, make it even stronger. Shouldn't take them more than an hour and shouldn't cost you more than $100.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.