Rear spring unseated - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Rear spring unseated

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits

Unread 06-02-2010, 08:38 PM   #16
Bionicrooster
2010 JK Wrangler 

I would be more than a little annoyed the shop let me drive away with a spring half mounted. SHould be easy enough to reseat but shouldn't have happened. As for the 5.13's, I have 3.73's and have plenty of power, but its flat here in NJ :-)

Unread 06-02-2010, 09:46 PM   #17
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Went back to the shop today and they fixed it without question. I didnít have to wait and the owner himself crawled under to re-position the spring. For now on, all employees are to check the rear coils on all vehicles as theyíre being let down from the lift. The spring didnít drop a huge amount but enough none the less. He even ordered the TeraFlex 1/2" Rear Guide & Spacers for me at his cost and is going to install them at no charge. Now thatís great customer service. Iím actually glad it happened. Better to find out here in town rather then out in the trail.
Unread 06-02-2010, 10:02 PM   #18
Alaska-HWY JK

Good to hear. Order the spring retainers for the bottom from Teraflex or Poly Performance and that'll have the bottom covered. They're easy to install.
Alaska-HWY JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2010, 10:08 PM   #19
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Youíre right. Will do. Have to take care of the small stuff. Iím still learning.
Unread 06-03-2010, 07:58 AM   #20
N2rock
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1222 View Post
. You donít say at what speed youíre trying to retain as you climb those hills.
Well, it is TX, so much like NV. Highways are 70mph, so usually running closer to 75mph. There are some highways with 80mph speed limits. I have not been on any of those since the re-gear. I was on those once when I had 4.10's, and every hill was a huge struggle- could not hold speed on any uphill. Hopefully the 5.13's will handle it better, but I have no idea when I'll actually have the opportunity to go there again.

His: '07 Unlimited X, Jeep Green, Hardtop, auto, 5.13, 2.5" RC lift and too many mods to list

Hers: '08 X Red Rock, soft top, auto. Bunch of mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlgraham View Post
If you made a snuggy out of a Shamwow, ....would you have to get up off the couch to pee?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepskyy View Post
At this point if Obama tried to move a little to the right, he would trip over Stalin's corpse.
N2rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2010, 09:25 AM   #21
Bionicrooster
2010 JK Wrangler 

Sounds like the shop owner is a stand up guy, good deal.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.