Rear LED Mounts - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Rear LED Mounts

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!The Ruffstuff Optima Battery Box!

Unread 12-28-2012, 09:32 AM   #1
Digital504
2012 JK Wrangler 

Rear LED Mounts

I have 2012 JK Unlimited and have the factory bumpers and tires for everything so far. I've been upgrading my light to all LED. I was looking to add some LED to the rear of my Jeep as well and can't figure how to do it or which option is best.

Here is my two ideas

Rigid Industries Dually D2 LED Wide Lights or Rigid Industries Dually D2 LED Diffused Lights - Set of 2 - Set of 2 pointing back to the ground. I'm not sure how I would mount them weather on the sides above the rear tail lamps or above the tire or next the tire. I can't seem to find any brackets that would fit this for them either. Any ideas ?

or

Rigid Industries 10 Inch or 20inch SR-Series Hybrid LED Light Bar mounted in the back maybe under the bumper ? Again not sure what mounting options I have or can't seem to find any. Any advice would be great.

All powered with an Spod switch. Any ideas ?

Digital504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2012, 11:55 AM   #2
Tanimal
Why are you reading this?

2008 JK Wrangler 

BDF makes mounts to the top of the tail lights for the D2s and I believe there is a bracket to mount a led above 3rd brake light

-=-CLICK HERE FOR MY XJ BUILD THREAD-=-

Learning as I go and it's worth every penny!
Tanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2012, 11:59 AM   #3
Walle
Soccer Mom and Jeep Hater

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital504 View Post
Rigid Industries 10 Inch or 20inch SR-Series Hybrid LED Light Bar mounted in the back maybe under the bumper ?
IMHO, I wouldn't mount it under the bumper, but I am always in the rocks. I feel that it exposes it to damage - even from objects on the road (rocks and crap).

I have seen where people mounted the D2s on top of their taillight housings. I will see if I can find the pictures.

Last edited by Walle; 12-28-2012 at 12:00 PM.. Reason: I can't read for ****
Walle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2012, 12:06 PM   #4
Walle
Soccer Mom and Jeep Hater

2012 JK Wrangler 

Found the brackets by BDF that Tanimal mentioned...$18.99 per side

Driver Side

Passenger Side

Walle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2012, 12:20 PM   #5
Tanimal
Why are you reading this?

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walle View Post
Found the brackets by BDF that Tanimal mentioned...$18.99 per side

Driver Side

Passenger Side

Thanks there they are! Was on my phone

-=-CLICK HERE FOR MY XJ BUILD THREAD-=-

Learning as I go and it's worth every penny!
Tanimal is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.