Rear Differential question on Sahara and X - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Rear Differential question on Sahara and X

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15”/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 11-19-2006, 09:19 AM   #1
driley

Rear Differential question on Sahara and X

Jeep's website shows the option of the "Trac-Lok® Limited Slip Rear Differential" for the Sahara and X models.

When ordering at the dealer and on Edmunds.com, the only Differential option is the "DSA Anti-Spin Rear Differential".

Are these the same thing?

driley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2006, 01:41 PM   #2
FinallyJO

Yes. It is a geared LSD differential as opposed to the electronic traction control which it also has.
FinallyJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2006, 07:41 PM   #3
SecondTJ
2000 TJ Wrangler 

yes same thing. My build sheet for my TJ shows the DSA Anti-spin diff, and i have the Trac-loc on my window sticker

My understanding though that the LSD is now electronic, not mechanical, i think?

'99 Z28 M6, some goodies
'94 'Vette, A4 all stock
SecondTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2006, 11:18 AM   #4
ghostship
1978 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondTJ
My understanding though that the LSD is now electronic, not mechanical, i think?
The Electronic Stability Program (ESP) is standard on all models. The Trac Loc mechanical rear Limited Slip Differential (LSD) is an available option on the X and Sahara in addition to the ESP. The LSD is not available on the Rubicon, which comes standard with Electronic Locking Differentials front and rear in addition to the ESP.
ghostship is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.