Rear Bumper/Carrier Integrated w/Tailgate - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Rear Bumper/Carrier Integrated w/Tailgate

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGTJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion KitLJ Suspension Systems from Clayton Off Road

Unread 06-25-2013, 02:10 PM   #16
propped1
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrawlOff-Road View Post
The ACE does not rattle. It is rated for up to a 38" tire and we are running a HEAVY 40" tire and beadlock on there with zero issues.

Are you referring to the zerk fitting or the spindle? You can always cover the zerk or spray it with WD-40 to keep the dirt and stuff off it. For the grease, we recommend a marine grade, water resistante grease.

-Jason
I didnt say it would rattle. I said the opposite.

That spindle, marine grade or not with the lubricant, will need to be taken apart and regreased or that point will squeak eventually. 2 years, 3 years, 5 years - don't know, but once its in, it aint coming out (I watched the video on their website of them putting it in). Go to PSC's website, watch the video, and look at the spindle and what they used and why. Over engineered, but gives me confidence that the rest of the bumper system is as well.

No I'm not saying that one is better than the other... lots of things to consider, just trying to make sure I have all the info I need as to how these work and what is the best choice for me personally as it is my cash I will be spending.

Trying to stay away from vendors trying to steer me toward their product at this particular time.

-OlllllllO]
(o)_) (o)_)o-)_)
propped1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 02:15 PM   #17
KrawlOff-Road
Vendor

2007 JK Wrangler 

I agree 110%! We offer the PSC one as well and it is a great option. It took them forever to bring it to market just for the fact that they took a lot of time to engineer them.

I also agree that it is your JK and you should build it to your specs. No questions asked!

Man thing is to build it right the first time!

-Jason

Tires-FREE SHIPPING!!
KrawlOff-Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 06:35 PM   #18
Philinak
2008 JK Wrangler 

I just got a ACE bumper... Just put it on (literally) it loooooks great! When I ordered it I couldn't find any legit reviews on it.
Not gonna lie It did take WAAAY 2 long for them 2 ship it/make it... Longest 8 weeks ever.
It all bolted up supper easy, I had no surprises. I'm happy happy we will see this weekend.
it didn't come with any stickers just a heads up if thats a deal breaker
Philinak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 06:46 PM   #19
TheBoss
2012 JK Wrangler 

Lod makes a rear bumper tire carrier that is linked to the tailgate.

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #690[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson[/COLOR][SIZE="2"][/SIZE]
TheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 10:16 PM   #20
brianjw
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by youcanmakeit
Expedition One 1275 for one with out powder coat 1400 for one with powder coat
Should also be available now in aluminum.
I have their full width front bumper and really like it.
brianjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2013, 04:49 AM   #21
monkers
2010 JK Wrangler 

Do you guys have a link to the Poison Spyder video you mentioned? For the grease fitting, cant you just install one of the plastic zerk fitting covers over it to keep it sealed?
2010 Rescue Green 2 Door 6 Spd, 2.5" RK Max Travel, Fox 2.0 IFP Shocks, 37" Nitto Trail Grappler M/T, EVO Sleeves, Gussets, Mini Skids, Rock Stars, Poly Perf Long Travel Upper Shock Mounts, Poison Spyder Evap Skid, Diff Covers, Grab Handles, Cobra 75WXSt, Stern Cibie/Osram Light Upgrade, Mopar Heated Seats, Trimmed Flares & Bumpers
monkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2013, 12:18 PM   #22
Erbo1Kanerbo
2008 JK Wrangler 

The LOD rear bumper/tire carrier is really nice too ive seen it in person

ZJ's: If you dont know what it is you cant afford it.
Erbo1Kanerbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2013, 10:39 PM   #23
suicideking
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoss View Post
Lod makes a rear bumper tire carrier that is linked to the tailgate.
I also like the LOD.

If you just want a carrier: Also checkout the OR Fab carrier which comes in 3 versions: No cans, regular cans, and rotopax.

Genright also makes a carrier only. Expensive though.
suicideking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2013, 01:54 AM   #24
SubAtomicGenius
Sarcastic Fantastic

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by propped1 View Post
I didnt say it would rattle. I said the opposite.

Trying to stay away from vendors trying to steer me toward their product at this particular time.
Lol, I'm getting a charge out of this for some reason.
SubAtomicGenius is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.