Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Really Simple Tire Question

1K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  rayzordee 
#1 ·
Just took delivery on my long awaited Sahara.
Question: How do you get the spare tire clean of all those stripes of paint on the tread from the factory. It's yellow and green 1/2" wide all around. Some dots too. Dealer said to put it on the road for a few miles...:fish:
Anyone have a better:idea:

#2 ·
Follow these instructions (this is how I solved that problem)

Go to the nearest off-road park
Spend all day wheelin :2thumbsup:
puncture a sidewall on the trail
immediately stop and replace punctured tire with the spare
Get back on the trail and have more fun :thumbsup:

#3 ·
Or....you could wait and rotate it onto the road when it's time to rotate. Or if you just got it(assuming not too many miles), throw it on the road now like the dealer said. This is all assuming you intend to rotate your spare into the mix when rotating your tires.

Al

#8 ·
rayzordee said:
How do you get the spare tire clean of all those stripes of paint on the tread from the factory.
Honestly - I will never understand some of the things that people think are important.

Put the tire on the Jeep and drive it around. This is the really simple solution to your "really simple question" and definitely solves the "problem."

Why is this not an acceptable solution? No idea - see my opening comment.

There is another really simple solution to your "really simple question" that will also solve the problem for sure. Get yourself a tire cover. That will cover up the hideous disfigurement being caused by your spare tire. Think of it like putting a bag over its head.

#14 ·
look at your invoice, if you paid for dealer prep they should have had it ready to go for you. Take it back!

#15 ·
rayzordee said:
Just took delivery on my long awaited Sahara.
Question: How do you get the spare tire clean of all those stripes of paint on the tread from the factory. It's yellow and green 1/2" wide all around. Some dots too. Dealer said to put it on the road for a few miles...:fish:
Anyone have a better:idea:
Good question. I have tried scrubbing it off with a brush and soap and i have also use a few other cleaners trying to remove it and still no luck.

I'm coming up to 6,000 miles, so its time to rotate the tires. When i do, I will just rotate the spare in and take off one to put back as the spare.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.