RC 2.5'' lift... Series II or Premium Kit - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > RC 2.5'' lift... Series II or Premium Kit

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 06-11-2013, 01:00 PM   #1
syvil
2012 JK Wrangler 

RC 2.5'' lift... Series II or Premium Kit

This is a question for RC 2.5'' lift owners.

I have a 2012 JKS 2door would you guys recommend the Series II (using stock shocks) or the Premium Kit using the Premium Performance 2.2 series shocks? My JK is my DD and I do go off road a few times a month in ditches when it rains and trails around my house there's little to no rock crawling where I frequent so the RC BB is perfect for my needs.

My question is for people that have switched from the stock shocks to the 2.2 shocks or have run the 2.2 shocks do you like them better than stock? Is the rid stiffer, better or around the same?

Also I have 16x8.5 MB TKOs with 5.46'' BS, RC lists the BS on their site as 4.5'' will 1.5'' wheel spacers be fine ?

syvil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-11-2013, 01:07 PM   #2
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

I would not recommend RC anything. Everything they make is garbage

Get a teraflex BB

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-11-2013, 05:21 PM   #3
hrd2plz
2008 JK Wrangler 

I like my ...ahem... "garbage" can't speak for the RC shocks as I purchased the series II. Rides ok, definitely not stock but I have 18" wheels too, so that contributes to my rougher ride. If you have the extra cheese, get the shocks. They should warranty if any probs.
hrd2plz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-11-2013, 05:31 PM   #4
bill9274
2011 JK Wrangler 

rough country stuff is good stuff. i would recomend the n2.0 shocks not the 2.2's.

Bill
bill9274 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2013, 11:04 PM   #5
SubAtomicGenius
Sarcastic Fantastic

2011 JK Wrangler 

I've heard that Rough Country rides better with the big "ROUGH COUNTRY" decal in the window.
SubAtomicGenius is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2013, 01:41 AM   #6
hrd2plz
2008 JK Wrangler 

As well, I've heard that you gain tons of forum "cred" by listing the name of every manufacturer that you've bought a part from in your signature.

Anyway, I believe the OP started this thread by stating:

Quote:
Originally Posted by syvil View Post
This is a question for RC 2.5'' lift owners.
Unread 06-14-2013, 06:09 AM   #7
bogleparsons
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrd2plz View Post
As well, I've heard that you gain tons of forum "cred" by listing the name of every manufacturer that you've bought a part from in your signature.

Bazinga!
Unread 06-14-2013, 08:36 AM   #8
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrd2plz

As a person well versed in suspension setup, it's in any body's best interest with a rough country anything to fix their engineering screw ups at a very minimum. I'm pretty sure they use trained monkeys in their engineering department.

Unread 06-15-2013, 11:51 PM   #9
hrd2plz
2008 JK Wrangler 

Will
Louisville, KY
23 years old
Male

Well versed, ok. I'm not even saying you don't know your crap but I've seen on multiple posts now that you keep knocking RC even when that wasn't the question asked, what gives?
Unread 06-16-2013, 12:00 AM   #10
Coper32
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Because everybody that has rough country on this forum that takes their rig off the well beaten path knows rough country is ****. I mistakenly bought rough country myself and have replaced everything but the springs. The springs are fine but bushings and shocks suck. I know from experience and we are not knocking it for fun but to maybe help another jeeper save some money in the long run. It's a courtesy not an attack.
Coper32 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2013, 12:07 AM   #11
hrd2plz
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coper32 View Post
Because everybody that has rough country on this forum that takes their rig off the well beaten path knows rough country is ****. I mistakenly bought rough country myself and have replaced everything but the springs. The springs are fine but bushings and shocks suck. I know from experience and we are not knocking it for fun but to maybe help another jeeper save some money in the long run. It's a courtesy not an attack.
Well Coper, using the word "everybody" is a bit misleading, as I have a RC lift and am completely happy. I may not use my Jeep the way you do but then again, I don't have to. Don't assume to know everyone's reason or purpose.
Unread 06-16-2013, 12:21 AM   #12
Coper32
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Everybody might have been the wrong word but a lot of people I'm trying to save the guy some money in saying my experience of rough country and 7000 miles was enough for most of the components on the lift I purchased. If you don't want to be replacing parts in 10000 miles dont get rough country. You get what you pay for and if you go cheap that is what you'll get and you'll spend more money than if you just bought a better quality lift to start.
Coper32 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2013, 07:57 AM   #13
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrd2plz
Will
Louisville, KY
23 years old
Male

Well versed, ok. I'm not even saying you don't know your crap but I've seen on multiple posts now that you keep knocking RC even when that wasn't the question asked, what gives?
Once again I'm forced to be curious on why my age has any relevance to what knowledge I've attained in my experiences

Rough country does not build a quality product. Their top tier products they produce such as their 2.2 shocks are something that can only be described as decent. I'm glad you're completely satisfied, but if you were to set up two identical jeeps side by side with a RC suspension and something that is considered quality and took both of them on a street and trail run: youd easily be able to tell the difference up front, and see the difference in the long run.

Now I don't know the specifics of what you have, and honestly I can't remember if you're running them on a tj or jk because I can't easily see your immediate profile from the forum runner app on my phone.

That said, if you're running it on a jk it's easy to understand why you're still happy because all you've done is replace the springs and shocks. That isn't going to effect much. Where the problem lies is when you get into more extreme angles and parts like control arms and track bars get replaced. Once you get into that territory you can see they RC just threw **** together and called it good. Their flex joints are crap. Literal crap. Their control arm geometry and layout of their long arm systems is literally bull****, and how they address the steering and tracking components is hazardous.

If you want me to expand on their track record, I'm very happy to - I chose not to simply because I'm writing this from my phone and my morning poop is almost over. But my general criticism if RC is not unfounded - it's a courtesy.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.