RC 2.5 Lift ..BB or Coil - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > RC 2.5 Lift ..BB or Coil

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Oconee Off-Road Now Offering Zone Off-Road Products!!!Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 12-04-2012, 05:45 PM   #1
driven22
2012 JK Wrangler 

RC 2.5 Lift ..BB or Coil

I know this question is asked many times but I am looking to order the Rough Country lift and was wanting to see if the BB or Coil is better ($100 diference)?? If I use factory shocks what lift is best for the money for just mild off roading.

I see they have a kit with shocks & coils but are the RC shocks worth it or just use kit to use factory shocks? Any feed back would be apprciated and any pics with 2.5" on 265 70 r17 would help also make up my mind.

Thanks!

driven22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2012, 08:29 PM   #2
RockyClymer
RedRock4Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

It is really up to what you want to do IMO. For very mild off road with limited articulation, the BB and stock shock brackets may be what you want. For a little more a spring lift with matched shocks will provide more off-road performance IMO...both will allow larger tires if you want (think re-gear) if you do...lifts with the original 31 or 32 inch tires look kinda funny.
"It takes a special kind of stupid to believe criminals will follow gun laws."
I do not consider myself a smartass. I point out the obvious, search for the truth, and speak fluent sarcasm. I am, by experience, an accomplished curmudgeon.
RockyClymer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2012, 09:46 PM   #3
jkmatt11
2010 JK Wrangler 

mines the silver jk 2.5 rc bb on 33;s its all u need for mild offroading loved the way it road on the mtn. untill death wobble
534923_3650732623371_1260840056_n.jpg  
jkmatt11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2012, 10:13 PM   #4
jkmatt11
2010 JK Wrangler 

if i had to do it again i would have just got the spacers though , and spent the extra money on shocks mine seem to be worn after 6 months. when u do lift it make sure to loosen your control arms before u install the lift and then torque when sitting on the groundat new ride height. make sure to get it aligned after also it is a must do not take short cuts to save money and time u will regret it. im speaking from my own expierence it sucks. also like the lift says move your rear sway bar links to the front.
jkmatt11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2012, 04:50 PM   #5
driven22
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmatt11
mines the silver jk 2.5 rc bb on 33;s its all u need for mild offroading loved the way it road on the mtn. untill death wobble
Thanks jkmatt looks nice little tuff to see in the pic though... Thanks for the feed back
Unread 12-06-2012, 04:53 PM   #6
driven22
2012 JK Wrangler 

I am running 265 70 r 17 Goodyear duratrack so about stock but look way better. Just got them so will run till i can go 33 12.50 next time. Thanks may go BB for now and by new rear bars for links and move stock to front.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.