Rain-X , or similiar windshield treatments - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Rain-X , or similiar windshield treatments

Savvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in StockSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 02-22-2008, 08:40 AM   #1
Stix Fx
2008 JK Wrangler 

Rain-X , or similiar windshield treatments

I have used Rain-X on my other vehicles' windshields in the past over the years. I think it works great.

Since I have yet to use any on my Jeep's windshield, I wanted to check with you all to see what you all use .... whether it is Rain-X or another product.

Stix Fx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2008, 08:52 AM   #2
jlued
2007 JK Wrangler 

I've never used any sort of rain x on my windshields....does it really make a difference?

what i want is inside windshield wipers...cause when it starts to rain all that rain gets on the inside of the windshield!! that sucks.
jlued is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2008, 08:53 AM   #3
gravely_todd
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stix Fx View Post
I have used Rain-X on my other vehicles' windshields in the past over the years. I think it works great.

Since I have yet to use any on my Jeep's windshield, I wanted to check with you all to see what you all use .... whether it is Rain-X or another product.

I just use the orange Rain-X washer fluid and that works well for me.

Todd
and YES I like the silver bumper inserts !!!
gravely_todd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2008, 09:12 AM   #4
priell3
2014 KL Cherokee 

Yeah, use the Rain-X washer fluids. Winter and Summer forumulations.
2003 KJ
2000 XJ
priell3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2008, 09:33 AM   #5
NewhampshireYJ
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I got the little squirt bottle of rain-x and it works amazing. The rain just beads off my window. I also found that if you use car wax on your window and let it dry then wipe it off that works the same as rain x.
NewhampshireYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2008, 10:45 AM   #6
rayzordee
2008 JK Wrangler 

Rain X is very cool. If your at highway speeds the rain just beads up then rolls off. No real need for wiper blades. The angle of the JK windscreen is a little to high but it still works great at speed.
my 2 cents
Unread 02-22-2008, 03:06 PM   #7
cqk56

I use Pink Wax made by liquid luster, I use it to wax my car and Jeep and use it on the windshield. Works great and lasts longer than rain-x. I buy 2 bottles every year at the Chicago Auto Show. It is also available online at www.pinkwax.net.
cqk56 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.