Rails and Steps? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Rails and Steps?

Jeep Tweaks at JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wd

Unread 11-17-2014, 10:29 AM   #1
dixie2bird
2015 JK Wrangler 

Rails and Steps?

Has anyone installed a set of Nerf bars over a set of factory OEM Rock Rails? I just got my Rugged Ridge 3" tube steps installed and they had to remove the OEM rails in order to put them on. I kind of miss the look of the rails.

We were thinking of modifying the rails to work with the tube steps. Just wondering if anyone has done this before.

Thanks.

dixie2bird is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2014, 11:07 AM   #2
jwmbishop
2011 JK Wrangler 

Like you I did not care for the "unfinished" look after pulling the rubi rails and installing my PS Knockers... I looked at modifying and it IS possible - but you gotta be handy with a cutter and welder to incorporate all the mount points... I havent simply becuase its functional and the knockers "sorta" hide the pinch seam...
Unread 11-18-2014, 12:59 PM   #3
XTRyan
ExtremeTerrain.com

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixie2bird View Post
Has anyone installed a set of Nerf bars over a set of factory OEM Rock Rails? I just got my Rugged Ridge 3" tube steps installed and they had to remove the OEM rails in order to put them on. I kind of miss the look of the rails.

We were thinking of modifying the rails to work with the tube steps. Just wondering if anyone has done this before.

Thanks.
There are some steps/sliders that can mount in conjunction with the factory rails. The Barricade Rock Sliders are one of those parts. These bolt to the body mounts and will fit with the OE rails. If you can get those rails back and return the RR steps, I can get you a price on the Barricade Rails!

-Ryan
EARN UP TO $200 TOWARD YOUR NEXT PURCHASE!
PM me for our JeepForum Discount Code (must have 25 posts) or Price-Matching!
GET YOUR FREE JEEP PARTS CATALOG!
XTRyan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Yesterday, 08:52 AM   #4
dixie2bird
2015 JK Wrangler 

Hi Ryan .. thanks for the reply. Yes. I would be interested in a price on these. I'll send you a PM. I see you guys are local to me. I used to work out in Malvern.
Unread Yesterday, 02:31 PM   #5
zjilla
Web Wheeler

2007 JK Wrangler 

ACE sliders work with the rubi rails
www.annirlane.blogspot.com
October 2013 JK of the month
My Slowly but surely JK build thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/s...hread-1562595/
zjilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Today, 09:12 AM   #6
XTRyan
ExtremeTerrain.com

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixie2bird View Post
Hi Ryan .. thanks for the reply. Yes. I would be interested in a price on these. I'll send you a PM. I see you guys are local to me. I used to work out in Malvern.
Received and replied to. If you're like me you hate the time between ordering and receiving parts. We keep it to a minimum by shipping all in stock items the same day if you order before 3:00 pm est, but if you'd like to pick up your parts you can do that too. Let me know what you think of the price I quoted you and if you're ready to order!

-Ryan
EARN UP TO $200 TOWARD YOUR NEXT PURCHASE!
PM me for our JeepForum Discount Code (must have 25 posts) or Price-Matching!
GET YOUR FREE JEEP PARTS CATALOG!
XTRyan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Today, 01:01 PM   #7
D700

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XTRyan View Post
There are some steps/sliders that can mount in conjunction with the factory rails. The Barricade Rock Sliders are one of those parts. These bolt to the body mounts and will fit with the OE rails. If you can get those rails back and return the RR steps, I can get you a price on the Barricade Rails!

-Ryan
Ryan

Do you have a picture that shows them mounted with the factory sliders? The only ones that I see is without factory rails. If they fit with the factory sliders and also provide a step send me a quote shipped to FL.

Thanks
D700 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Today, 02:20 PM   #8
dixie2bird
2015 JK Wrangler 

Thanks Ryan for the quote. I need to find out what I can sell my Rugged Ridge steps for first and if it will be worth it since I can't return them since they've already been installed.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.