which radio on an ordered Jeep - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > which radio on an ordered Jeep

15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 08-17-2013, 09:46 PM   #16
earroyo
2013 JK Wrangler 

I upgraded to the 430N from the 130 RES and really am glad I did! I don't experience any problems with the navigation at all!

earroyo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2013, 05:30 AM   #17
Deuskid
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by earroyo View Post
I upgraded to the 430N from the 130 RES and really am glad I did! I don't experience any problems with the navigation at all!
Why did you upgrade? Was it radio quality or NAV features?

Thanks,

John
Deuskid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2013, 07:31 AM   #18
lsl
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spank
The 130 (RES) will do the job just fine. It should have both an analog aux port and USB support. The 430N and 730N are a ripoff given their cost and the antiquated technology they come with.
What Spank said. $20 gets you a retractable cord for the aux port that will keep it out of the way. Music and nav straight from your phone, which you are not going to leave in the car so no smash and grab issue to worry about.
lsl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2013, 01:16 PM   #19
JoeBIII
2014 JK Wrangler 

I have the 730 and I'll echo that its not perfect but I'm still glad I went with it. Not sure how you'd work the satellite/GPS antenna with an aftermarket model. One thing with the 730 - i wish that big display would connect to a rear camera to show me what I'm about to back into. Since I've come use to it with my other vehicles, I do find myself looking down at the nav screen in the JKU - only to be reminded its not connected to anything to see back there.
JoeBIII is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2013, 09:40 PM   #20
rayder1

Deuskid. You asked an opinion question but you already had your answer before you posted. You want the base model radio.

Anything else, you probably can only have answered at the dealer.

My two cents. Order it with no radio or speakers. Go to Best Buy and get the set up you want for way less than any type of system Jeep has.

I have the 730n and love all the bells and whistles. Keeps me entertained on long drives.
rayder1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.