Radiator cover gril - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Radiator cover gril

Poison Spyder DeFenders™ - "Tubeless" Jeep FendeAll Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!

Unread 08-30-2013, 03:35 PM   #1
Breitling
2013 JK Wrangler 

Radiator cover gril

Spent time replacing headlights light bulbs on my JKU and I am amazed how cheapo/plastic is this part is. Anyway I am wondering if anyone selling black replacement or I need to paint it to get in black in color? Plastidipping seem not very permanent solution but I like initial mate look.

Unread 08-30-2013, 05:08 PM   #2
RockyClymer
RedRock4Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

If you think that is cheap, try taking off your stock bumpers! There are threads on here of folks who have repainted or bed lined their plastic grill...a search should come up with them.
"It takes a special kind of stupid to believe criminals will follow gun laws."
I do not consider myself a smartass. I point out the obvious, search for the truth, and speak fluent sarcasm. I am, by experience, an accomplished curmudgeon.
RockyClymer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2013, 05:47 PM   #3
HappyTrails
Registered Voter w/ID

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyClymer View Post
If you think that is cheap, try taking off your stock bumpers! There are threads on here of folks who have repainted or bed lined their plastic grill...a search should come up with them.
True Dat! Remove the stock bumper... looks like Jeep plasti-dipped a paper-mache bumper. I don't know how those passed the NTSB crash tests...except maybe against a bicycle.
"Don't give up 5 minutes before the miracle occurs."
HappyTrails is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-31-2013, 06:54 AM   #4
Breitling
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyClymer View Post
I am just wondering are these parts supposed to last for long? I never own Wrangler before, was it made better 10-15 years ago? I could still see them on roads ...
Unread 08-31-2013, 10:04 AM   #5
Tanimal
Why are you reading this?

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breitling View Post
Spent time replacing headlights light bulbs on my JKU and I am amazed how cheapo/plastic is this part is. Anyway I am wondering if anyone selling black replacement or I need to paint it to get in black in color? Plastidipping seem not very permanent solution but I like initial mate look.
Didn't you plastidip your wheels?

-=-CLICK HERE FOR MY XJ BUILD THREAD-=-

Learning as I go and it's worth every penny!
Tanimal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-01-2013, 09:36 AM   #6
Breitling
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanimal View Post
Didn't you plastidip your wheels?
I took plastidip out of rims, not good solution since needs in constant spot repairs. Grill is relatively static part, might survive longer with plastidip. Why? Are you going to follow me with stup.d comments all over this forum?
Unread 09-01-2013, 10:01 AM   #7
Tanimal
Why are you reading this?

2008 JK Wrangler 

-=-CLICK HERE FOR MY XJ BUILD THREAD-=-

Learning as I go and it's worth every penny!
Tanimal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-01-2013, 11:02 AM   #8
JIMBOX
Web Wheeler
2008 JK Wrangler 

Heh Heh, nobody has to follow you around the forum partner, when you post on any forum, your comments are OPEN to the public--a gazillion people, so live withit-

Quote:
I took plastidip out of rims, not good solution since needs in constant spot repairs. Grill is relatively static part, might survive longer with plastidip. Why? Are you going to follow me with stup.d comments all over this forum?
You might try some different color grill inserts to breakup the color scheme, I used black ones on my yellow grill and with wax and multiple removals, the grill is still fine after 5 years-

The jeep has some cheap parts, but if it causes you too much distress--sellit
and buy a Lexus/Escalade-ride in pride-

To me the jeeps running gear is just about the best and for what the jeep is intended -

JIMBO
JIMBOX is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-01-2013, 01:40 PM   #9
Deuskid
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMBOX View Post

You might try some different color grill inserts to breakup the color scheme, I used black ones on my yellow grill and with wax and multiple removals, the grill is still fine after 5 years-

JIMBO
Do you have any pics of your yellow grill w/ black inserts?

Thanks

John
Deuskid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-01-2013, 01:49 PM   #10
JIMBOX
Web Wheeler
2008 JK Wrangler 

Halleluja, thought you'd never ask

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuskid View Post
Do you have any pics of your yellow grill w/ black inserts?

Thanks

John

Good luck

JIMBO
Unread 09-02-2013, 03:23 PM   #11
Breitling
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMBOX View Post
Heh Heh, nobody has to follow you around the forum partner, when you post on any forum, your comments are OPEN to the public--a gazillion people, so live withit-

The jeep has some cheap parts, but if it causes you too much distress--sellit
and buy a Lexus/Escalade-ride in pride-

To me the jeeps running gear is just about the best and for what the jeep is intended -

JIMBO

I like inserts idea but still would prefer black grill, maybe with inserts They seem protecting radiator better way as well.
Unread 09-03-2013, 08:17 AM   #12
JIMBOX
Web Wheeler
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quite a number of guys have removed their grill and either line-x'd/plastidip'd/or just painted their grill black--seems to hold up great and if chipped/scratched, it's easy removal can make for repair pretty simple-

Quote:
I like inserts idea but still would prefer black grill, maybe with inserts They seem protecting radiator better way as well.
Try to google---jeep JK grill painting-- and see what comes up for info-

Good luck

JIMBO

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.