Raceline (Allied) beadlocks..... pics. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Raceline (Allied) beadlocks..... pics.

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 02-05-2009, 07:29 PM   #1
Xtremjeepn
2008 JK Wrangler 

Raceline (Allied) beadlocks..... pics.

I loved my Allied beadlocks on my TJ. Beat them with zero thought about hurting them.

Also have a set on the Trail Clean up truck.

So I picked up a set of their new aluminum "Raceline" beadlocks for the JK.

They are 17x9.5 with 4" backspacing. Just got them tonight and snapped a couple of quick pics. I will mount them up this week and get back with more pics.

Great location for the valve stem to keep it protected from the rocks. Looks like the TPMS stem will fit in here. (and the cute little sticker will vanish soon too)

Profile shot of the beadlock ring. I ran the Allied Beadlocks for nearly 100,000 miles and never had an air leak or loose bolt because of the shape of this ring.

Unread 02-05-2009, 07:44 PM   #2
scrogg
2007 JK Wrangler 

de-ja vu...

Nice. TeraFlex Plus has a set of those exact wheels in thier showroom and I drool over them everytime I see them. Oddly enough that is way to often.
scrogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2009, 07:58 PM   #3
Xtremjeepn
2008 JK Wrangler 

You should pick a set up.....literally.....I am so happy that they are MUCH lighter than the steel version I ran on the TJ.

Unread 02-05-2009, 08:09 PM   #4
DirtNMyTeeth
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Those look great. What did that run you?
DirtNMyTeeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2009, 08:12 PM   #5
Xtremjeepn
2008 JK Wrangler 

Too much.....

They are around $270 a wheel.
Unread 02-06-2009, 06:02 AM   #6
ZX14Rider
2008 JK Wrangler 

Very nice.....
ZX14Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2009, 06:08 AM   #7
Rafic
2008 JK Wrangler 

Looks great!
Rafic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2009, 09:33 AM   #8
terrahawk
2007 JK Wrangler 

Where did you get them and do they have the correct bolt pattern?
Unread 02-06-2009, 04:58 PM   #9
Xtremjeepn
2008 JK Wrangler 

I got them through a friend, but you can find them online pretty easy. They are 5x5 bolt pattern with 4" back spacing.

Mounted them up this morning. Always a chore. Raceline was not nice by shipping them with all the bolts in place. Had to remove 160 bolts just to turn around and install 160 bolts. Not counting the valve cores or the wheel lugs either.

They mount up much easier than the steel sets that I have had. The beadlock surface has a nice centering ring on it for the tire to sit in. You can see how thick the mount surface is too.

I got the factory TPMS stems to work, but they fit in there kinda funny and are not quite as protected inside the tire as they were stock, should not be an issue until trying to run them totally flat.

Sorry, I did not have time to get out and wheel it today, so you will have to put up with a poser shot.

Unread 02-06-2009, 05:13 PM   #10
GPV
2008 JK Wrangler 

Looks great.......................for a poser

Just ribbing you Cole. It looks to me like the valvestems are actually more protect by the fact they are further from the edge of the outside of the tire. It looks to me like they will fair just fine in there.

Great looking set of rims!

2008 Jeep JK Rubicon Unlimited (Bought for Wife)
2007 GMC 2500HD Duramax (Work Horse)
1982 Honda CB 900F Supersport
2001 Honda RC51
GPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2009, 05:35 PM   #11
Metal_Man
2008 JK Wrangler 

Those rims look incredible. This may be a dumb question but how do you balance a beadlock wheel and tire?
Metal_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2009, 05:38 PM   #12
Xtremjeepn
2008 JK Wrangler 

It is not the outside part of the stem I was worried about. That is MUCH better protected than the stock Rubicon wheels.

It is how the sensor has to set inside the wheel that kinda sucks. In the stock wheel they fit flush against the wheel, in the Racelines they have to stand up a touch making them a touch more vunerable at SUPER LOW tire pressures. It really should not be an issue 99.9% of the time, just thought I would mention it.

You can see it here.

Unread 02-06-2009, 05:43 PM   #13
Xtremjeepn
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal_Man View Post
Those rims look incredible. This may be a dumb question but how do you balance a beadlock wheel and tire?

Same way you balance any tire.

Old style beadlocks simply sandwiched the bead between 2 flat surfaces. This allowed the tire to shift around which would loosen bolts and make the tire off center and not stay balanced.

Newer beadlocks like these use a centering ring on the wheel and a bead shaped sealing ring. This totally centers the tire and seals it on all 3 surfaces of the bead. It can't come out of place. Scroll up and take a good look at all the bead pictures and you will see what I mean. Keeping the bead sealed in the correct spot prevents bolts from coming loose and allows the beadlock to be balanced, and stay balanced just like any other rim.

I mounted these and then ran them down to Big O tire to have them balanced. They run down the highway just as silky smooth as they did when mounted on the factory Rubicon wheels.
Unread 02-06-2009, 06:25 PM   #14
Metal_Man
2008 JK Wrangler 

OK cool........Thanks for the info. Does this better style of beadlock make them DOT approved? Just wandering because wheels and tires are something I will be purchasing very soon.
Metal_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2009, 07:35 PM   #15
trowand
2009 JK Wrangler 

Ummm, QUESTION...

Hey, they're drop dead gorgeous wheels and I really like how the valvestem is tucked away so safely but ummm, don't you need a locking ring on both sides of the wheel? Not just on the outside, or am I missing something?
trowand is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.