R/C winch plate & 8500lb Super winch on factory bumper. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > R/C winch plate & 8500lb Super winch on factory bumper.

Clayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank SkidTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 04-22-2009, 03:35 PM   #1
fernjack
2007 JK Wrangler 

R/C winch plate & 8500lb Super winch on factory bumper.

Just installed a Rough Country winch plate & put an 8500lb Super winch on my 4dr. Rubi . Went in easily just had to mod the roller fair lead & had to take out about an 1/8" out of one hole . Sits the same maybe lost 1/2" . Need to wire it and give`er a whirl. This set up uses the factory bumper & I think probably saves a fair bit of wieght.

fernjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2009, 07:10 PM   #2
PanthersFan
Not old, just older

2007 JK Wrangler 

Gotta post pictures...
THE Conventions of a number of the States, having at the time of their adopting the Constitution, expressed a desire, in order to prevent misconstruction or abuse of its powers, that further declaratory and restrictive clauses should be added: And as extending the ground of public confidence in the Government, will best ensure the beneficent ends of its institution.
PanthersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2009, 09:11 PM   #3
fernjack
2007 JK Wrangler 

Very new to the whole computer thing though I do have a Canon dig.cam .I`ll try to figure out how to put insome pics.
Unread 04-22-2009, 10:01 PM   #4
yoda13
Force Wheeler

2007 JK Wrangler 

Yeah, I wanna see too because I am wanting to go with that plate too, when I get my winch...
2007 White Jeep Wrangler X-auto, black freedom top, 15x8 Pro Comp Rock Crawlers, 33x12.5x15 BFG KM2s, Superchips Flashpaq, 2" OME Spring Lift, Bilsteins, Rusty's Adjustable front and rear trac-bar, JKS Quicker Disconnects, Rusty's adjustable lower control arms (front and rear), PolyPerformance adjustable upper control arms (front and rear), OEM Rubicon Rock Rails, Finishlinewest Stonehenge Series rear bumper, Smittybuilt winch, Body Armor Front High Clearance Bumper w/ KC Highlights mounted, Roadmaster towbar, Valley 2" receiver hitch, Skid Row Engine Transmission skid, sPod switching system, KC Highlights windshield mounted lights, Delta replacement non-quadbar xenon headlamps, and Bestop saddlebags-Member of the United Four Wheel Drive Association and Blue Ribbon Coalition, †John 3:16†

RIP Mrs. yoda13... My life is better for having had you in it and you made me a better man...I can't wait to see you again...I love you always and forever, and for all eternity

If you want to help the sport of off-roading, and protect your right to do so, please visit the Envirobeat
forum...

yoda13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2009, 10:05 PM   #5
emahan01
1999 TJ Wrangler 

i have the plate with a 8000 lb winch i had to mod it to fit the fair head and my bumper but it fits inside the bumper like a glove. its realy beefy and hasnt warped or anything did several pulls with it. i dont realy see why i wouldnt get another one if i had to
Unread 05-03-2009, 07:10 AM   #6
stick_it_
2009 JK Wrangler 

Please post pics of your winch setups!
stick_it_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2009, 10:45 AM   #7
yoda13
Force Wheeler

2007 JK Wrangler 

yeah, guys, we need pics...please...no picks then it never happened...
2007 White Jeep Wrangler X-auto, black freedom top, 15x8 Pro Comp Rock Crawlers, 33x12.5x15 BFG KM2s, Superchips Flashpaq, 2" OME Spring Lift, Bilsteins, Rusty's Adjustable front and rear trac-bar, JKS Quicker Disconnects, Rusty's adjustable lower control arms (front and rear), PolyPerformance adjustable upper control arms (front and rear), OEM Rubicon Rock Rails, Finishlinewest Stonehenge Series rear bumper, Smittybuilt winch, Body Armor Front High Clearance Bumper w/ KC Highlights mounted, Roadmaster towbar, Valley 2" receiver hitch, Skid Row Engine Transmission skid, sPod switching system, KC Highlights windshield mounted lights, Delta replacement non-quadbar xenon headlamps, and Bestop saddlebags-Member of the United Four Wheel Drive Association and Blue Ribbon Coalition, †John 3:16†

RIP Mrs. yoda13... My life is better for having had you in it and you made me a better man...I can't wait to see you again...I love you always and forever, and for all eternity

If you want to help the sport of off-roading, and protect your right to do so, please visit the Envirobeat
forum...

yoda13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2009, 11:48 PM   #8
fernjack
2007 JK Wrangler 

Pics of RC winch plate & winch on factory bumper.

I hope these come througth rickfournier_09@hotmail.com
Unread 05-07-2009, 12:15 AM   #9
Warlord2
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fernjack View Post
I hope these come througth rickfournier_09@hotmail.com

That doesnt work, sign up for like a free photo hosting site like photobucket.com and upload your pics to there first. Then just copy&past the link for it in another post.
07 JK 2D X model with 6 speeds. Full Traction 3" ultimate lift kit. 315x75x16 Toyo Open Country M/T on Rock crawler procomp rim. Ruby dana44's front sleeved inside/outside C truss and rear with 5.13's gears. Homemade rock guards, rear bumper w/tire carrier, oilpan/tranny skid, evap canister skid, light bar, switch pod. Riddler diff covers, Cobra 75 w/wilson antenna, Polk speakers, 10" sub, 2x Amps, Lightforce 240 drive light, backup lights, rock lights.
Warlord2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2009, 07:28 PM   #10
fernjack
2007 JK Wrangler 

I`m very new to the whole computor thing but I did get a pic on here somewhere . Sorry!
Unread 05-10-2009, 07:32 PM   #11
WVUJeeper
2008 JK Wrangler 

Go to photobucket.com start an account and then post up the links to the photos.
BTW, what's with the "if you haven't driven one shut up" nonsense? How can we have a good internet fight if experience and knowledge are going to be a requirement?
'08 Rescue Green Unlimited X - Hard Top, 3.73 gears, Limited Slip, Infinity 7 speaker system, KC Slimlite Long Range, Cobra CB, Rough Country 2.5" BB, 35" BFG KM2's on ProComp 7089's. Fenderless and proud!

My build thread: HERE

RESCUE GREEN JEEP CLUB MEMBER #25
COLORADO JEEP CLUB MEMBER # 1001
WVUJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2009, 08:38 PM   #12
CreepJeep
2007 JK Wrangler 

Here is mine. I have an XRC8
07' Rubicon Flame Red.- Zone 2" lift with shocks.XRC8 winch. Rough country winch mount.Hellas on windshield. Sierra rack on spare tire with hi-lift mounted to it. Rock Ready grab handles front and rear.Skid row front skid. 33" MTG'S (mtz clones)
CreepJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2009, 08:31 PM   #13
fernjack
2007 JK Wrangler 

This is what it looks like . Sorry it took so long ...new to computors!
Unread 05-13-2009, 08:32 PM   #14
fernjack
2007 JK Wrangler 

It`s in my profile ..
Unread 05-13-2009, 10:35 PM   #15
JeepersHeart
2008 JK Wrangler 

I really like this option, just not for 240 clams! Sure it would be nice to mount a winch to the stock bumper so I have it available, but I am just going to replace the bumper eventually anyway, and that means 240 bucks wasted! Would be interesting to see if someone could mod this mounting plate to work with other bumpers, I am horrible with custom fab work... too OCD everything has to be perfect and I am always too afraid I didnt make something strong enough.
JeepersHeart is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.