Quicker Disconnects - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Quicker Disconnects

Jeep Gear & Install Packages!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955

Unread 08-10-2010, 07:26 AM   #1
Res6cue
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quicker Disconnects

After putting on the 2" lift, it was recommended that I lengthen the Sway bar links (hope my terminology is right still a newbie). I was told to use the JKS Quick Disconnects. Here is a link to what I have found.
Quicker Disconnects by JKS
Quicker Disconnects by JKS

Please let me know your thoughts or suggestions or .

Thanks,
Mike

Res6cue is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2010, 07:58 AM   #2
frankie945
2008 JK Wrangler 

Those are what I'm runnin. They are great. Real easy to disconnect.
Unread 08-10-2010, 08:15 AM   #3
Liquor
BOUNTY HUNTER

2007 JK Wrangler 

most people that run the JKS quick discos love them.
i never got them because it only takes a second to remove my Rock Krawler swaybar disconnect.
since i have to wait for the air down on the tires, its a perfect time to disconnect them and move on.

Rock Krawler also have a quick release version. a pin and plastic washer.
i dont use them though but have them if i wanted to run them at a later time.
pull the pins, remove the washer. store them and zip tie the link up high out of the way.

Poison Spider trail during Easter Jeep Safari 2010.
dropped the right front and the swaybar disconnect smacked the drag link.
snapping it in half. LoL...lesson learned and now they are manually discoed.
i relied on the Rubicon e-disconnect too much.

will prevent you from doing this: SORRY ITS HUGE

below are 2 pics from my Big Bend National Park and Big Bend Ranch State Park runs with members from JKOwners.com
i now disconnect them manually and tie them up high out of the way.

theres no feelig in the world like putting 39" of tire below the rock rails. LoL

as you can see, i now ziptie them to the coil-over mount. they are out of the way and easy to reconnect as needed.

i do not run a rear swaybar. the rear Rock Krawler coil-over system doesnt have enough space for the stock JK swaybar.
i can use a TJ swaybar but it is reversed to the JK swaybar. or i can use the Currie Anti-Rock swaybar. just havent picked 2 up yet.

Full Build Thread

2002 TJ Sport - Sold

"CAIN" '07 Jeep JK 426 HEMI 685 HP & 650 ft lbs
Facebook Twitter YouTube

MrDeids.com Your Jeep and Gaming Social Network
2012 Sponsors:
Pitbull Tires Poison Spyder Customs Poly Performance Rigid Industries Rock Krawler Suspension Spiderweb Shade
Magazine Feature:
2007 Jeep Wrangler - 426 Hemi JK - All The Right Stuff Oct, '11
Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.