Quick Q on BDS lift - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Quick Q on BDS lift

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 06-17-2013, 05:46 PM   #1
Wrangler19
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quick Q on BDS lift

My dad is finally getting around to lifting their jeep, a 2012 JKU. He's trying to stay around a grand or so, and likes the BDS 3". Me being a TJ guy, I have to ask how yall's front track bar, control arms, and drive shaft angles work. Is he gonna need an adj front track bar, and any adj arms? Or is this lift ready to roll right out of the box?

Unread 06-17-2013, 09:14 PM   #2
buns79
2013 JK Wrangler 

Well I have a buddy who installed a 3in zone lift which if I remember right is a sister company of bds, it came with shocks, brake line brackets, rear track bar relocation bracket but no front adj track bar but he did put a jks adj one on just because he had it from his previous jeep and he's been running it for about 20k with no trouble at all and he wheels it too. If you ask him he loves it! It also came with new rear sway bar links and your suppose to put the stock rears on the front but he put jks discos up there instead... Hope that helps ya
2013 jku. Manual trans, 2.5in teraflex lift with 1in spacers,35in duratracs, soft top, ace rear bumper, poison Spyder front bumper, smittybuilt winch, 4:88s with eaton elockers front and rear. Spod, rigid LEDs, rugged ridge snorkel and the list goes on and on... 0lllllll0
buns79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 09:23 PM   #3
4wdjeepguy
2005 LJ Wrangler 

If you're going to lift 3"s, I'd suggest a new front track bar, front lowers (for setting caster), and a rear track bar relocation bracket. Thats the bare minimum as far as suspension links go. Is it a 2 or 4 door? If it's a 2, you might want to consider rear uppers as well in order to get some of your pinion angle back.
4wdjeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 06:48 AM   #4
JTPhoto
2008 JK Wrangler 

You won't loose rear pinion angle at 3-3.5" on an Unlimited so rear CAs not required. Adjustable front track bar is a good idea. Front CAs are debatable, my caster is still in spec but some say theirs is too far out. lower CAs can be added later if you feel the need..
2008 Black and Khaki Sahara Unlimited. Auto, Tow pkg, Dual Tops, MyGig, Trax-Lok rear diff. 3.5" Rock Krawler fr springs, rear TeraFlex 2.5 BB, 35x12.50x17 Pitbull Rockers on Blackrock Viper Alloys, Flex-o-lite trans cooler, Mr Grille billet grille inserts, AEV Prem Bumper ETC.. AND a Locked and Lifted Honda Foreman for when the trails get real tight
JTPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.