Questions about Tuffy Security Deck Enclosure - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Questions about Tuffy Security Deck Enclosure

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 04-14-2012, 02:19 PM   #1
Debsunshine

Questions about Tuffy Security Deck Enclosure

If this has been asked already I'm sorry as I searched threads. I wanted to know if the Tuffy Security Deck Enclosure will basically cover all my trunk area on my 2012 Unlimited. I tried the other one (Tuffy JK Tailgate Security Enclosure) and found that I'm going to lose half my trunk space and that's not really going to work for me.

Before I go through ordering again, I wanted to make sure it gets almost all of the unlimited trunk. If someone has pictures of their unlimited with one installed I would be really appreciative.

Thanks so much. Have to have some security with half doors and clear window!

:-) Debra

Debsunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2012, 02:24 PM   #2
ncb

It encloses the entire cargo area. I can post a picture this afternoon.
ncb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2012, 03:23 PM   #3
SADISTIC
2011 JK Wrangler 

It covers almost every square inch of the cargo area. The upright piece, behind the rear seat, is vertical as opposed to being angled with the seat; it leave maybe 3-4 inches between the hinge and the bottom of the panel. That space is perfect for stowing a machete, ax, and a few other things and then protects the rest of the cargo area from would-be thieves. I love mine
SADISTIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2012, 12:38 AM   #4
carsonvogt
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Hey ncb, do you think you could post a picture? I'm interested in seeing that as well
Survivalist Club Member #26
carsonvogt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2012, 05:40 AM   #5
Debsunshine

Ncb, that would be great if you posted a pic. I can't really tell from the catalog and I totally thought I knew what I was getting with the original tailgate security enclosure. Based on the feedback though I think I'm going to go ahead and return that and get this instead.

I can't keep emptying the entire Jeep every time I go to work or park - I want to be able to feel relatively secure leaving a jacket back there or something.
Unread 04-15-2012, 06:47 AM   #6
Ajaxxx
2010 JK Wrangler 

Pic showing the final installed product. If you don't have a factory subwoofer, you can see the cutout on the right vertical support, and you can stick your hand down into the back area when the gate is closed. I just place a rubbermaid against it so people can't grab anything small.
20100719_a1100_0523.jpg  
Unread 04-15-2012, 07:33 AM   #7
SADISTIC
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaxxx
Pic showing the final installed product. If you don't have a factory subwoofer, you can see the cutout on the right vertical support, and you can stick your hand down into the back area when the gate is closed. I just place a rubbermaid against it so people can't grab anything small.
The 2011 and 2012 models are a little different than the earlier ones like the one pictured
SADISTIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2012, 07:56 AM   #8
ncb

Mine is a 2009, but I'll post a couple more pics.
image-512296261.jpg   image-2472185908.jpg  
Unread 04-16-2012, 04:54 AM   #9
Debsunshine

Extremely helpful. Thanks everyone! I do have a subwoofer so I guess it's tailored made for that, lol. I did read on one post that I won't be able to open the bottom little door under the mat unless I take the mat out but I'm okay with that too.
Unread 04-16-2012, 06:00 AM   #10
ncb

Which mat do you have? I have the Quadratec mat and had to cut it to fit after installing the Tuffy box.
Unread 04-17-2012, 04:40 AM   #11
Debsunshine

My mat came with the wrangler. It's reversible with carpet on one side and rubber on the other. I probably will trim it down.
Unread 12-16-2012, 03:47 AM   #12
dsfsystems
2013 JK Wrangler 

If you have power door locks, couldn't someone reach in, unlock all and open the tailgate anyway?

I'm assuming the alarm would be going off, but am I missing anything else?

[EDIT] Nevermind, found the answer via Quadratec: "power lock switches become disabled after approximately 16 seconds when locking doors with the key fob"
dsfsystems is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2012, 09:10 PM   #13
kappaknight
2013 JK Wrangler 

Doh! You guys answered my questions. I installed the Tuffy Security Deck in my 2013 today and the mat did not fit at all. Right now I just have it curled up on the inside as added protection. In the newest version, it doesn't really attach to the Jeep other than the 4 bolts on the side. The lid is a bit over sized but couldn't someone just unscrew the 4 bolts and lift the lid up? It's not easy, but I wonder if it can be done in 15 minutes.
()_)()_)==)_)
kappaknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 04:15 AM   #14
Bajarat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaxxx View Post

Just place a Rubbermaid against it ???

I am considering a security deck for a 2013 JKU w/o factory sub and would like to know other's solution for the open space/gap.
Bajarat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2013, 07:19 PM   #15
kappaknight
2013 JK Wrangler 

If you have a 2013, there shouldn't be any gaps once you're done installing it. The newer ones look different and goes over the sub completely. Both sides are symmetrical.
()_)()_)==)_)
kappaknight is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.