Question for those that have ordered and own a 2012-2013 JK - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Question for those that have ordered and own a 2012-2013 JK

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBaseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiSpartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.8

Unread 09-10-2013, 08:47 PM   #46
stephenbsanders
Sandman

2012 JK Wrangler 

I got a 2012 Altitude Edition (aka wine and cheese edition). I'd get a electronic Sway Bar Release (i.e. get the Rubicon not Sahara). Love the matching hard top. I just replaced a **** load of stuff with upgrades (see profile), including the 430N. It wasn't bad, just not great. It always comes down to what are you going to do with the vehicle. Tinted windows are great. The 3.6 - 6 speed manual is great. The stock lighting sucks. I've replaced almost every light on the vehicle. I have the painted fenders. I like them, but they scratch easy.

stephenbsanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2013, 08:50 PM   #47
rha600
2013 JK Wrangler 

I ordered EVERYTHING that I wanted and nothing I didn't. The max tow is nice, even if you will replace the rear bumper.

The 430 vs the 730 is up to you. If you are ordering the connectivity anyway, the 430 will save you money. The 730 includes the connectivity group and it is a SLIGHTY upgraded unit. I do like the NAV better on the 730 but I ordered the 430 to save a lot of money and I'm perfectly happy.
rha600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2013, 03:55 AM   #48
FleshEater
2014 JK Wrangler 

It sounds like the 430N has everything I'll ever need then.

Can someone explain the Connectivity thing then? I don't understand why it's worth any money at all.
Unread 09-11-2013, 06:41 AM   #49
Keiff
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rla1999 View Post
The 430 has everything i could possibly need...no DVD but i did not need that.
Yea?... Interesting. I didn't know there was a 430 unit that doesn't have DVD by default. I don't see myself ever really using it, but my 430N RHB has one. One of the items in my canvas user manual sleeve was a DVD. That's likely the first and last disc I'll ever use in it.
Keiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2013, 07:24 AM   #50
Filthy-Beast
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Mine has one as well, I also cannot imagine using it.

For Sale: 2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks

97 TJ: daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
98 TJ: Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
06 LJ Rubicon: mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
13 JKU Rubicon: Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2013, 08:24 AM   #51
FleshEater
2014 JK Wrangler 

Wait a second...these 430N's have DVD players in them? Weird.
Unread 09-11-2013, 09:09 AM   #52
Filthy-Beast
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Yeah but they only work when not moving from what the book says. I haven't bothered to sit in a parked jeep and try to watch a movie

For Sale: 2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks

97 TJ: daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
98 TJ: Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
06 LJ Rubicon: mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
13 JKU Rubicon: Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2013, 11:14 AM   #53
panthermark
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by espi23 View Post
Honestly the amount of Bass the subwoofer puts out is not worth it waterproof or not. If you are using the vehicle for expedition you will really want the space that is taken up from the subwoofer. The one thing I do miss is the outlet, but i can always run a new one.
Yup, that is why I stated the enclosure (more than the sub itself). My 1/2" spacer ring should arrive today or tomorrow...that will allow me to replace the stock sub with something much better (leaning towards the Alpine SWR-8D2). It will eventually be powed by a Rockford Fosgate Punch PBR300X2 (very small, low heat) that can be tucked away out of sight. The power to the stock sub is lame.....about 30 watts per channel at 2 ohms.

The built in enclosure is really so the sub can't "walk away"....but yeah....it does take up room.

I see why I'm a loner....and I love it!
panthermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2013, 11:17 AM   #54
panthermark
2013 JK Wrangler 

The 430N's have DVD players in them. My 430RBZ (non-nav) plays DVD's. Lockpick allows me to use the DVD in motion. I don't watch movies while driving, but I have played something line an MTV Unplugged DVD while driving.

I see why I'm a loner....and I love it!
panthermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2013, 09:59 PM   #55
Intarsiabox
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleshEater View Post
Can someone explain the Connectivity thing then? I don't understand why it's worth any money at all.
It came standard on my 2013 JKUR and looking at the US Jeep website it looks to be standard as well. Says it gives you TPMS, EVIC and leather wrapped steering wheel for no charge.

Max tow package is a rip off. It's a $595 option in Canada and I just bought the hitch and wiring harness for $80 delivered to my door. It's just 4 bolts and the holes are already there from the factory as is the connector for the wiring harness.
Intarsiabox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2013, 01:06 PM   #56
rha600
2013 JK Wrangler 

The connectivity group I believe also adds the USB port in the center console. I bought a tiny sandisk 16GB USB drive and loaded it with music and then stuck it in there. it's the size of one of those tiny blue tooth transmitters so you don't have to worry about hitting it while putting something in or taking it out and it holds plenty of music.

The 730 I think also has the ability to use the USB on the front of the radio as a media device. meaning you can out the flash drive in there, or connect a phone and play music directly, where as the 430 you can only use that port to upload to the hard drive.
rha600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2013, 05:40 PM   #57
Blackrubi13
2013 JK Wrangler 

Love my painted fenders and hard top. However, with that said if you are going to be off roading a fair amount or more the painted fenders are worthless as the will get chipped up very easily. Even on gravel roads they get trashed. Just not practical for offroading but look bad *** mall crawling.

Also love my heated seats and the girlfriend uses them all the time. Summer with the top down and all winter long.

Max tow give or take as well as the 430. Happy with both but replaced tow with ace pro bumper with carrier and built in hitch with same capacity as stock. If your going to replace bumper right away just more to take off but no big deal.

Must have dual top group with MI weather. If you like aftermarket soft tops for go the factory top and just save the money for aftermarket one. Lots of options.

Most of all just make sure to research and be aware of all the options offered so you can make an informed decision. Don't count on sales associate or manager for option and ordering info.
Blackrubi13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2013, 09:13 PM   #58
Bayrat
2014 JK Wrangler 

Just bought mine, only thing on it I did not want is that 730 radio package but really had no choice other than to order. Dealer was not willing to give me the same trade allowance on an ordered vehicle, perhaps BS or perhaps numbers to make. Either way, it is not that big a deal. Would change nothing else, love the white.
Bayrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2013, 05:39 PM   #59
Keiff
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rha600 View Post
...where as the 430 you can only use that port to upload to the hard drive.
Be advised, I play music from a Sandisk Cruzer "Fit" drive through the faceplate USB port all the time. Nice thing about that drive is that it's fast, so it indexes quick and copying from it is faster than from a DVD.
Keiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2013, 09:47 PM   #60
HllywdJeep
2012 JK Wrangler 

I ordered my 2012 JKUR with dual top, heated seats, uconnect 730, manual transmission, max tow.
I just ordered my 2014 JKUR replacement with:
soft top only... Hard top has been sitting covered under my porch since I bought it
Base 130 head set because I can get Kenwoods much better, android based, HD headset w/ nav for less and the Rubicon still comes with premium sound regardless.
HllywdJeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.