Question for those that have ordered and own a 2012-2013 JK - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Question for those that have ordered and own a 2012-2013 JK

WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 09-09-2013, 03:28 PM   #31
715racing
2005 LJ Wrangler 

2013 Rubicon 2 door. 6 speed, 430, trailer tow, dark soft top windows.

Only change I would make is color. I got black, but really wanted rugged brown. If it's gonna get muddy, it might as well look muddy all the time!

715racing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2013, 07:54 AM   #32
fordhearter
2013 JK Wrangler 

I have a 2013 Unlimited Sport that I ordered the way I wanted. Kept it basic and I love it. Mine is a half door with manual trans, has the tow package and the trac lock rear thing and Alpine 7 speaker system. I would recommend not getting the sub package, its not that great at all for the price and only other thing I would change is getting my wrangler with the 17inch wheels instead of the stupid looking 16inch steel ones mine had on it. Within a month I got some 17inch take offs from craigslist. Makes it look so much better.
imag0070.jpg  
fordhearter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2013, 08:05 AM   #33
FleshEater
2014 JK Wrangler 

I passed on more of the luxuries Chrysler offered. I figure the less I get, the less chance of something going wrong.

fordhearter; it's interesting you said that about the 16" wheels. That's actually what I plan on running on the Rubicon. 17" tires (for what I want) are about $400 more, and I don't like the factory wheels. So, I'm downsizing.
Unread 09-10-2013, 10:32 AM   #34
espi23

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordhearter View Post
I have a 2013 Unlimited Sport that I ordered the way I wanted. Kept it basic and I love it. Mine is a half door with manual trans, has the tow package and the trac lock rear thing and Alpine 7 speaker system. I would recommend not getting the sub package, its not that great at all for the price and only other thing I would change is getting my wrangler with the 17inch wheels instead of the stupid looking 16inch steel ones mine had on it. Within a month I got some 17inch take offs from craigslist. Makes it look so much better.
I second the not getting the Subwoofer. I already traded someone my subpanel for a non subpanel because it takes up too much room and I really didn't need the extra bass.

I didn't order mine as I was getting a great deal through USAA car buying service with both loan and price, so to find something on the lot with my must haves I got some things I really didn't want.

I have a 2013 Billet Silver Auto JKU Sport S with
*Stared Items where must haves*
alpine premium - Not worth it hated the subwoofer location
*Dual tops - Love the soft top (Finally figured out how to fold the Sunrider properly) hard top will be for snow and ice in the winter.
*3.73 - This is a must if you want to tow and do not plan on regearing. I drove a Sahara with 3.21 and there was a huge difference then with the 3.73
*tow - I have jet skiís and tow a trailer every now and then, It will be awhile before I get to change bumpers so this was easier to have wired and installed from factory.
mopar black package - Not really worth it, but I wanted Side steps for my really short Wife 4'9-10" I am 6'1"
traclock - Hope to try it out in the snow, but want to put in a Eaton Truetrac
*connectivity group - Bluetooth is ok, but really not that good.
side airbags I like the idea of them, but still waiting on Trekarmor to come out with a compatible seat cover.
espi23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2013, 10:45 AM   #35
Cropduster23
2012 JK Wrangler 

2012 JKU Sahara - Tow package, heated seats, connectivity, 3.21 gears, auto trans, body color hard top, remote start, cloth interior.

Body color is Gecko Green.

If I were to do it all over again I think I would have went with 3.73 gears and the 430N stereo. Not getting dual tops was a good decision as I found a brand new in box soft top for under $500. I love the gecko green, but sometimes find myself wishing I had a Dozer Sport S.
Cropduster23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2013, 12:53 PM   #36
panthermark
2013 JK Wrangler 

I'm torn on the Premium Audio...
It was a "must have" for me, but I can easily see how a lot of people would say "skip it".

What I really wanted was the built in, water resistant sub enclosure, along with the 12V outlet in the sub.

But the premium system is a pain to deal with because EVERYTHING is 2 ohms, and the amp becomes part of the head unit, so it isn't like you can just swap amps.

I see why I'm a loner....and I love it!
panthermark is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2013, 12:58 PM   #37
FleshEater
2014 JK Wrangler 

I see on the Rubicon power heated mirrors are standard, as is Alpine Premium Audio System with the 430N.

Since I ordered the 3-piece hard top, will my Jeep automatically come with a soft top, or would I have had to order the dual top group?
Unread 09-10-2013, 01:13 PM   #38
Filthy-Beast
2006 LJ Wrangler 

you would need the dual top group to get a soft top.

For Sale: 2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks

97 TJ: daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
98 TJ: Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
06 LJ Rubicon: mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
13 JKU Rubicon: Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2013, 01:14 PM   #39
AveCat
MacGyver

2012 JK Wrangler 

I kinda wanted the connectivity package...didn't get it.
Unread 09-10-2013, 01:27 PM   #40
FleshEater
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy-Beast View Post
you would need the dual top group to get a soft top.
That's what I figured.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AveCat View Post
I kinda wanted the connectivity package...didn't get it.
If I had an iPhone or the like it'd probably be useful for me and I'd really like it. However, I'm sadly still in the early turn of the century with my electronics. I opted for the 430N for the navigation alone, and in the event that I eventually do purchase a more modern mobile device where the bluetooth and USB port are usable.
Unread 09-10-2013, 01:38 PM   #41
Filthy-Beast
2006 LJ Wrangler 

the 430 has a USB port on the front, so you'll still be able load tunes on the hard drive and hook a phone for music, you'll lose the hands free but with a soft top or no top I prefer to use a noise cancelling headset anyway.

For Sale: 2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks

97 TJ: daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
98 TJ: Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
06 LJ Rubicon: mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
13 JKU Rubicon: Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2013, 04:49 PM   #42
panthermark
2013 JK Wrangler 

Connectivity was another "must" for me....but it had to do with some of the items packaged with Connectivity. For the 2013's, that was how you got the upgraded TPMS and auto-dimming rearview mirror. For the 2014's, I think it is packaged with the new EVIC that has tranny temp and all that good stuff.

I see why I'm a loner....and I love it!
panthermark is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2013, 07:33 PM   #43
rla1999
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleshEater View Post
What I want to know is, is there anything that you wish you would have ordered, or that you did order and wish you hadn't.

I'm getting ready to order a 2014 Rubicon and am debating whether or not to order the max tow package or not, as well as the 430N or 730N package.

Thanks!
I just got mine a month ago. I couldnt be happier with my choice. It all depends on what your intended use is. The 430 has everything i could possibly need, bluetooth,, voice command, steering wheel controls, sat radio....no DVD but i did not need that.

Are you planning on towing anything? If so, order based on tow weight capability. I got the basic tow package. Its all i need.
rla1999 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2013, 07:46 PM   #44
rla1999
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleshEater View Post
What I want to know is, is there anything that you wish you would have ordered, or that you did order and wish you hadn't.

I'm getting ready to order a 2014 Rubicon and am debating whether or not to order the max tow package or not, as well as the 430N or 730N package.

Thanks!
The 430 also has a hd, navigation, streaming, usb port...it was easy to set up and easy to use. I added a lot of my itune songs. I can stream from my cell music, podcasts, audio books etc. its a really nice radio.

I got the freedom top...love it. It came with a bag for holding the two front tops. I take them off constantly and place them nicely in the bag and tie them behind the rear seats.

The only thing i am still in between in is the transmission. I got the automatic for like $2000 extra. I did not get manual since my last 4 cars had manual transmission. I needed a change!

Good luck with your decision
rla1999 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2013, 08:02 PM   #45
espi23

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthermark View Post
I'm torn on the Premium Audio...
It was a "must have" for me, but I can easily see how a lot of people would say "skip it".

What I really wanted was the built in, water resistant sub enclosure, along with the 12V outlet in the sub.

But the premium system is a pain to deal with because EVERYTHING is 2 ohms, and the amp becomes part of the head unit, so it isn't like you can just swap amps.
Honestly the amount of Bass the subwoofer puts out is not worth it waterproof or not. If you are using the vehicle for expedition you will really want the space that is taken up from the subwoofer. The one thing I do miss is the outlet, but i can always run a new one.
espi23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.