Question for those that have ordered and own a 2012-2013 JK - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Question for those that have ordered and own a 2012-2013 JK

JK Front Axle TrussARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan KitsPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955

Unread 09-08-2013, 08:08 AM   #16
cconn
Mud Bogger

2013 JK Wrangler 

Only thing I wish my Jeep had is a auto dimming rear view mirror. Seems like a small thing, but I guess I got spoiled during the last 10 years when all my other vehicles had this. The first time a vehicle behind me at night was blinding me, I was like "What the hell?". Took me a few minutes to realize I had to manually flip the rear view mirror up.

2013 Commando Sport. Rock Krawler 2.5" X-Factor lift. 35" MT/R's, 17x9 Pacer black wheels. ProRock 44 front axle. RCV shafts, ARB front and rear lockers. 4.56 gears. Coast 1310 drive shafts. TeraFlex adjustable tire carrier. AEV front bumper. Warn 9.5 CTI winch. TrekArmor seat covers, Spiderweb shade

Build Thread : http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/c.../#post15031329
cconn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2013, 06:28 PM   #17
tomsryt
2012 JK Wrangler 

I ordered a 12 Sahara Unlimited with max tow, leather, and hard top.
If I was ordering today I would get the Rubicon 2door with soft top and half doors.
tomsryt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 01:41 AM   #18
Cosmobull
2012 JK Wrangler 

Get the automatic! I had a '12 JKUR manual and already traded it off on a 2013 JKUR with the auto. Its so much better than trying to time the drive by wire with the clutch. I always said auto Jeeps were a disgrace to the "hobby" until I bought one.
Cosmobull is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 03:52 AM   #19
FleshEater
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmobull View Post
Get the automatic! I had a '12 JKUR manual and already traded it off on a 2013 JKUR with the auto. Its so much better than trying to time the drive by wire with the clutch. I always said auto Jeeps were a disgrace to the "hobby" until I bought one.
I didn't have any problem with the one I test drove.
Unread 09-09-2013, 04:01 AM   #20
brianjw
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleshEater

I didn't have any problem with the one I test drove.
No problem stalling mine either. Every clutch is different. I switch between my manual jk, a manual VW TDI, and a manual focus regularly. They are all much different, engines, clutches, gearing etc. Just have to get a feel for them.
brianjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 04:09 AM   #21
FleshEater
2014 JK Wrangler 

That would be hard. When I hopped back into my Jeep after test driving a new one, I thought the clutch was messed up because it had so much more pressure in the pedal. Not sure I could switch between 3 vehicles.
Unread 09-09-2013, 05:35 AM   #22
Monkeybomber
2013 JK Wrangler 

What I ordered:
2013 Sport Manual
Max Tow Package
Side Air Bags
Hard Top
Power Convience Package

I love the stick shift, sure it feels different than other cars I've driven but I still enjoy it. I got the max tow because I needed both the 3.73 gearing and the hitch, so it wasn't that expensive to me. I sometimes wish I had 4.10 gears, but that would've meant upping the price by at least 4k (to a rubi) so it probably wouldn't have been worth it. The ONLY thing I would change is that I would've gotten a soft top instead. The hard top is nice and all, but I wish I could bring the top with me on trips in case it rains, and you can't do that with a hard top. As it stands, I'll be getting an ORH soft top soon I think.
Monkeybomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 05:45 AM   #23
cyberpyrot
2012 JK Wrangler 

Half doors

Thought of the day
Trust people who like big butts they cannot lie...
cyberpyrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 06:52 AM   #24
djm
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-On View Post
Nope, I researched and thought for quite a bit and I'm happy with everything I got. I do wish they would of thrown in some grab handles like I see they did for other people.

I thought they did that for everyone - I figured for the price we pay that they put the extra stuff in the Jeep to make us feel like we got something extra for free.

When my Rubicon was delivered it had four Jeep grab handles, some coupons from Jeep for free oil - filter - lube - tire rotation service from any dealer in the USA, and a small "Jeep" bag with a couple bottles of wax, polish and leather cleaner, very very similar to the ones they used to and maybe still do give out at the Jeep invitational ride at the Easter Jeep Safari in Moab, Utah.
djm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 10:24 AM   #25
panthermark
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-On View Post
Nope, I researched and thought for quite a bit and I'm happy with everything I got. I do wish they would of thrown in some grab handles like I see they did for other people.

I think about this myself ALL THE TIME, and I am THRILLED with what I ordered.

If I were re-ordering today, under the same circumstances, my changes would be so small that they would not even count.

I would get another 4 door Sahara with basically the exact same options. This is what I ordered:
Auto, Connectivity, Painted hard top, Trac-Lok, Side air-bags, 3.73's, and Remote Start.

Here are the things I would change.

Climate Control...I would add it because it is so cheap. I would not use it (which is why I didn't order it), but I would want it simply to piss off the "hard core posters" when I list it in my sig (on other sites). I didn't order it because I wasn't sure how the back end mechanics worked. If the door sliders are always moving, I didn't want them to get worn out. But from what I understand now, it would have been OK.

I ordered factory remote start....I don't think I would do it again from the factory. In 2012, it was a $200 option, for the 2013's it jumped to $495. However, I WOULD order to Mopar kit and have the dealer install it. It would cost about the same, but from what I understand, if you order the Kit, you get two more keys. So basically, same system, same price, but with two extra keys.

Outside of that, I did so much research and picked all the right options, that I would not change much.

I skipped the tow package and got my hitch from Quadratec.
I didn't order dual tops, but was able to get a new take-off for a lot cheaper than what Jeep what of charged.

I see why I'm a loner....and I love it!
panthermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 11:20 AM   #26
FleshEater
2014 JK Wrangler 

Well, I just ordered my Rubicon. I got 4-6 weeks to sell the LJ.

I ordered the following:

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Model

-Rubicon $34,495

Exterior Color

-Bright White Clear Coat Exterior Paint $0

Interior Color

-Black Interior Cloth $0

Power-train

-6-Speed Manual Transmission $0

-4.10 Axle Ratio $0

Exterior

-Freedom Top Black 3-Piece Hard Top $995

Interior

-430N $1,095

-Cloth Seats With Adjustable Head Restraints $0

-Slush Mats by Mopar $95

$37,675 net price

The dealer said they'd give it to me for $35,738. It's not ideal, but there is no dealer near me that will work with me.

I hate my LJ soft top, but love my hard top, so I'll probably never get a soft top. I couldn't imagine dealing with half doors. Blah.
Unread 09-09-2013, 11:49 AM   #27
THespos
2013 JK Wrangler 

If I had to do it all over again, I'd see if I could order it with just the soft top. This hard top is sitting on the floor of my garage and I just *know* I'm never going to put it back on. The panels from the Freedom Top are sitting in their bag, too. I'm thinking eBay.
THespos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 12:20 PM   #28
Keiff
2012 JK Wrangler 

I got my 2012 Rubi Unlimited with:

Bright White (always have had white vehicles)
Automatic (DDing in Houston.. nuff said)
4.10 Gearing (easy choice for $50, especially when 35's where already planned)
Max Tow Pkg (Meh... )
430N Head Unit (Wanted the 130. It's kinda flakey, but nice that it has built-in theft deterent)
Connectivity Pkg (USB is handy)
Smokers Group (movable OEM coin tray!)
Freedom Hard Top (the Top is nice, but both would have been better)
Black Cloth Interior (a must since it sees a lot of sun, dog and daughter)

I love everything about it except:

Hard Top:
The jury is still out on the Hard Top only decision. While it has been great for long road trips and severe weather, I've had to buy 2 types of covers (Bestop Trail Cover and Pavement Ends Emergency Top), a tailgate bar and a bikini top for when I want to remove it and the doors (all together, about $450). It would have been nice to have a top where I could be more spontaneous if weather permits, raising and lowering as needed.

Max Tow Pkg:
I hardly ever tow things, but it was more of a "preparedness" measure. In hind sight, the wiring being OEM is a good thing, but the receiver is typically replaced with most of the aftermarket rear bumpers I am interested in. As someone else stated, a 7-pin might have been more useful too.
Keiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 12:35 PM   #29
RogueStatus
2013 JK Wrangler 

only thing I wish i wish I had were 4.10 gears from the rubicon... the sahara with the 35s the 3.73 and auto trans (pentastar) its kind of a dog up hills and always searching for a gear on the steep ones.... i'll eventually upgrade to 4.88s anyways so its all good.

other then that I am super happy. It was exactly what I wanted looks wise that they had on the lot (commando w/painted hardtop) and all the options (except heated seats, but the heat in wranglers is so awesome I dont even miss it haha).
Unread 09-09-2013, 01:10 PM   #30
FleshEater
2014 JK Wrangler 

I must be getting old. I hate dealing with the rear window in the soft tops. Especially after a few PA winters and the zippers are rusted and corroded and impossible to zip up or down.

Thinking about this, I can't wait to drive the damn thing!

I'm hoping to have enough extra cash to swap out wheels and tires ASAP. I can't stand these new Rubicon wheels. They're hideous.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.