Question on amplifier power wire placement 2012 wrangler - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Question on amplifier power wire placement 2012 wrangler

JK Vent Covers - NalinMFGTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGJEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFF

Unread 09-14-2013, 03:29 PM   #1
rgincajun
2012 JK Wrangler 

Question on amplifier power wire placement 2012 wrangler

Quick question,

I've been doing research on installing my amp/sub combo from my last vehicle. Keep in mind mine does not have the infinity system.

Only thing I have left to figure out is where to run the power cord for the amp. I've read on a post that there is a rubber grommet under the brake cylinder, I just checked and didn't see it. I'm thinking it may have to do with mine having the 3.6?

Where can I run the power wire without drilling through the firewall?

rgincajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2013, 07:45 AM   #2
Vin
2012 JK Wrangler 

Follow that big loom at the top of the rear of the engine compartment. I'm pretty sure wires branch off that and go through that opening at the Master Cylinder.
Vin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2013, 09:21 AM   #3
rgincajun
2012 JK Wrangler 

Thanks!

I got to looking again and its not quite a rubber grommet like I was thinking, but some insulation on the outside with some plastic on the inside. I should be able to punch through that and run it through. I'm glad to finally get some bass in the factory system. After that I think the sound will be good.
rgincajun is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.