Question about Steering Stabilizer after HD steering install. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Question about Steering Stabilizer after HD steering install.

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 07-14-2009, 01:02 PM   #1
Hellbound13
2008 JK Wrangler 

Question about Steering Stabilizer after HD steering install.

Well I got my HD tie rod and drag link on. (Rubicon Express).

However, now my drag link was hitting my Rough Country SS which was mounted on the driver side.

The only solution I found was to put it back in the stock location, however since the Rough Country SS is so big I had to angle the mount on the tie rod down a little so that the shock end of the SS did not hit the axle mount when I am turned all the way to the right.

My question is, besides it being lower is there any drawback to this? Will it not absorb shock now that the two ends to the steering stabilizer do not sit parallel to each other?

I have attached a pic so you can see what I mean..

Hellbound13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-14-2009, 01:30 PM   #2
N2rock
2007 JK Wrangler 

I would think that as long it still moves freely back/forth, it would be ok. Other than it is now more susceptible to being smacked on a rock.

BTW- it is WAY to clean under there!

His: '07 Unlimited X, Jeep Green, Hardtop, auto, 5.13, 2.5" RC lift and too many mods to list

Hers: '08 X Red Rock, soft top, auto. Bunch of mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlgraham View Post
If you made a snuggy out of a Shamwow, ....would you have to get up off the couch to pee?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepskyy View Post
At this point if Obama tried to move a little to the right, he would trip over Stalin's corpse.
N2rock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-14-2009, 09:29 PM   #3
Brent_f70
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

It will work OK until you smack it on something and it rotates up and you cant make left turns....had it happend, luckly it is a quick fix.

But what you really need to do is put on a high steer...move the draglink to the top of the knuckle as seen below. Now everything is protected and I have NO steering issues.
6.7 HEMI, ProRock 60's, Atlas 4 speed t-case, on board air, Teraflex long arm plus ACOS, 37 inch Maxxis Trepadors, 5.38 gears, AEV bumper, Custom AEV hood, Warn 9.5, Nemesis aluminum sliders and fenders, Or-Fab front cage, Poly Performance rear cage, Hutchinson Beadlocks, PJ rear bumper, HD Teraflex track bars, tantrum rock lights, woods shafts, corbeau LG-1 seats, Chaser Trailer........TIME TO PLAY!!! Colorado Jeep Club member #177
Brent_f70 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.