question about rear plastic coverings - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > question about rear plastic coverings

Dana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJClayton Off Road JK Long Arm Upgrade Kits!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 11-27-2013, 12:09 PM   #16
manike
2012 JK Wrangler 

Sounds good.

That's for the power outlet right, what about the wiring harness section, or is it the whole thing? Is so that's an awesome price.

The plastic removal is easy, just make you sure you get all the bolts before you yank on anything

manike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2013, 12:16 PM   #17
jeepwrnglr92
2013 JK Wrangler 

ok update on this. the 2door has 2 plastic hooks in the console. I remember seeing in the jkR that they were a power inverter and a 12v outlet.
So I ordered 2 12v outlets and 1 inverter plug.

My question now becomes do i have an inverter wiring harness already in the console? Can I just get this plug and have an inverter?
Ill have to see how the console come out. If anyone knows please post directions/picts for me.

I hope i still have the wiring in the back. I am assuming i do as i could have gotten the sub. but maybe no 12v back there?
totally different plastic than what is posted here.
Unread 11-27-2013, 12:17 PM   #18
jeepwrnglr92
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by manike View Post
Sounds good.

That's for the power outlet right, what about the wiring harness section, or is it the whole thing? Is so that's an awesome price.

The plastic removal is easy, just make you sure you get all the bolts before you yank on anything
I was told the wire comes with it. But i had to spend 2$ each on retainer clips
Unread 12-02-2013, 08:19 AM   #19
jeepwrnglr92
2013 JK Wrangler 

Well there may be more parts I need. Like a inverter module. The parts guy is going to look at a RUBI and talk to a tec to see if they know what may be needed. The diagrams he shod me had several other things. But we could not figure out what else I was going to need.

May have to abandon this and go back to the original plan. Just wire off the battery directly.

I'll let you know what happens.
Unread 12-04-2013, 10:25 PM   #20
Mfrancis
2014 JK Wrangler 

Do you have the part # for the 12v harness/plug? Do you just plug it in and you have 12v capability, or is there other wiring required?
Black 2014 JKU Sport S, 6 speed manual, 3.73 rear end, 2.5" AEV Dualsport XT w/ Bilstein 5100s, 255/75/17 Goodyear Wrangler A/T, Rubicon rock rails, front grill mesh mod, Jeep door sill guards, matte black Jeep grill emblem, matte black exhaust, Synrgy upper and lower bolt swap(highly recommend), tires pending...
Mfrancis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2013, 05:27 AM   #21
jeepwrnglr92
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfrancis View Post
Do you have the part # for the 12v harness/plug? Do you just plug it in and you have 12v capability, or is there other wiring required?
Thats what I am still trying to find out. They had 2 part # and different cables listed.

Ill post back the info when I hear from the dlr. Ill give them a call today for an update.
Unread 12-20-2013, 11:55 AM   #22
jeepwrnglr92
2013 JK Wrangler 

Called the DLR again today. Parts are on back order. and they really are not sure what I need as no one has tried to do this before and they dont get repairs on these items.

Might be time to hit the local part store and just go after market.
Unread 12-28-2013, 12:43 PM   #23
jeepwrnglr92
2013 JK Wrangler 

So I pulled this apart today and it all came off fine. I found the gray connector mentioned here. However no power on any of the pins.
Ill go back to the dlr next week and see if I can get a female plug for it. But as of now no power to the back of the Jeep for an outlet.
Unread 12-28-2013, 03:27 PM   #24
manike
2012 JK Wrangler 

Check the fuse box for the rear power outlet fuse location? May be as easy as adding the fuse...
manike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2013, 05:29 AM   #25
jeepwrnglr92
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by manike View Post
Check the fuse box for the rear power outlet fuse location? May be as easy as adding the fuse...
Dah I should have thought of that. But after several Jeep mods not going as planned this was the last one and I did not even think about the fuse. Makes perfect sense that it would not be powered.
Ill try to check that today. I still want to get the correct plug for it. At least its easy to get to.

Thanx for reminding me.
Unread 12-29-2013, 06:09 AM   #26
jeepwrnglr92
2013 JK Wrangler 

So I pulled the fuse box cover. man could they make that any smaller to read. gesh. My eyes are not 20 yrs old now.
Looks like m6 m7 and m36 are the 12v power outlets.

I also noticed a separate circuit for heated seats m9. I am trying to put these in too. have to find that wire if i can.
Unread 12-29-2013, 06:35 AM   #27
jeepwrnglr92
2013 JK Wrangler 

So according to the manual on page 82 m7 is the rear sub woofer and power outlet. m6 is the dash outlet and m36 is the console (inside) outlet.

I looked at my fuse box and m7 is in the middle position. not to the left as shown in the manual. I moved it to the far left. Verified i have power at the fuse box level. However after putting a known working test light and fluke on each pin in the connector i don't get any power back there still.

Has to be something simple I am missing. I grounded in 2 different places and had the ignition on and radio going so i know there Jeep is powered.

update : retested with different test light and meeter. Still nothing back there.

Could this need to be turned on in the computer ?????
Unread 01-02-2014, 07:48 AM   #28
jeepwrnglr92
2013 JK Wrangler 

Went to the dlr yesterday. They got part of the wiring in but it did not have the truck connector only the outlet side on it. Back to trying to find the other end again.
Unread 01-02-2014, 08:06 AM   #29
sanctified
2013 JK Wrangler 

I thank you for your efforts on this. I bought a sport but saw the extra power in the rubis and wondered if they could be powered on after the fact on mine. I get that you are trying to add a 12v in the cargo area, are you also trying to add a regular plug style power to the front console? I have a worthless hook on the pass side of my front console and thought I remembered a regular plug style power connector there. Thanks and keep us updated.
Utah Jeep Crew #178
sanctified is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2014, 08:11 AM   #30
jeepwrnglr92
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanctified View Post
I thank you for your efforts on this. I bought a sport but saw the extra power in the rubis and wondered if they could be powered on after the fact on mine. I get that you are trying to add a 12v in the cargo area, are you also trying to add a regular plug style power to the front console? I have a worthless hook on the pass side of my front console and thought I remembered a regular plug style power connector there. Thanks and keep us updated.
Yes both areas I want a plug.
When I pull the dash apart there are no wires to that area. I have a feeling I will be running my own power to it at some point.

Right now I am trying to source the factory outlets/covers/trim plate so it will look factory.

In the back I am doing the same thing.
Once I get the correct part # I'll post them for all.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.