Q on JK factory sub - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Q on JK factory sub

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 11-14-2006, 12:09 PM   #1
shredX

Q on JK factory sub

I have the base radio, but noticed I have a wiring harness by the right rear roll bar.

I went to the dealer & verified that harness plugs into the sub.

My question: Is the sub powered? It appears to be a simple pug'n'play. One one of the other forums I thought I had read there is an amp somewhere under the dash. If I don't have that amp, I assume I can not have the sub.

Thanks in advance.

Plug'n'play would be sweeeet.

[COLOR="White"]07 JK Unlimited X ~ Stone White & grey int ~ 4X4 ~ Trac-loc LSD ~ Tow w/ 4.10 ~ Power package ~ S package ~ Freedom Top ~ 16x7 w/ BFG AT 265/75/R16 ~ base radio w/ Sirius Sportster ~ Thule rack [/COLOR]
shredX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2006, 12:34 PM   #2
infosponge

My understanding was that the base radio on the X does not have the amp, but I could be wrong.
infosponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2006, 03:34 PM   #3
jeepdude_to

I believe the amp is wired in somewhere in/around the box enclosing the sub...
Unread 11-14-2006, 04:38 PM   #4
MD23

Quote:
Originally Posted by infosponge
My understanding was that the base radio on the X does not have the amp, but I could be wrong.

I have an X with the sub. It was part of the pkg w/6 disc changer and 6 speakers.

Unfortunately, I can't help with the original question . Hopefully this helps.
MD23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2006, 06:35 PM   #5
infosponge

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD23
I have an X with the sub. It was part of the pkg w/6 disc changer and 6 speakers.
Right, you don't get the amp without the upgraded Infinity stereo system.
infosponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2006, 07:53 PM   #6
shredX

So, even w/ the wire harness I'm out of luck.

Bummer.
[COLOR="White"]07 JK Unlimited X ~ Stone White & grey int ~ 4X4 ~ Trac-loc LSD ~ Tow w/ 4.10 ~ Power package ~ S package ~ Freedom Top ~ 16x7 w/ BFG AT 265/75/R16 ~ base radio w/ Sirius Sportster ~ Thule rack [/COLOR]
shredX is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.