Putco Wiring Harness Help/Guidance - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Putco Wiring Harness Help/Guidance

WJ Tube Doors Now Available!*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 12-07-2012, 10:38 AM   #1
buxjr

Putco Wiring Harness Help/Guidance

Hey All,

I am a relatively new, 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (JKUS) owner and am in love with my Jeep! However, what I am NOT in love with, are the factory headlights! Which, from what I gather, is a common issue. I have ordered some Cibie lamps and want to do the wiring harness replacement, to give my new headlamps the full 12v, non-TIPM power, they deserve!

But, I have a few questions. First, I've seen a few forum members discuss using the Putco wiring harnesses, but I am totally unclear regarding exactly WHICH model I would need to drop into my JKUS. Do I need model number 230004HW (Putco 230004HW Premium Automotive Lighting Wiring H4 100W Heavy Duty Harness and Relay : Amazon.com : Automotive) or 239006HW (Amazon.com: Putco 239006HW Premium Automotive Lighting Wiring Heavy Duty Harness and Relay: Automotive What is the difference between thess harnesses, specifically? It appears that the 239006HW has additional plug(s)...?

Also, I've heard mentioned that you need to have capacitors and diodes wired into your harness. Do the Putco harnesses have that? Do they need it? What happens if you don't have these capacitors and diodes? What do they do and do I need them?

Sorry to sound so confused. I have read everything I could find, but am afraid that was made things even more murky for me. Can anyone steer me straight on this? Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

buxjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2012, 12:02 PM   #2
RockyClymer
RedRock4Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

I only found one review of this item on Amazon....term used was "garbage"....might want to re-consider this option.
"It takes a special kind of stupid to believe criminals will follow gun laws."
I do not consider myself a smartass. I point out the obvious, search for the truth, and speak fluent sarcasm. I am, by experience, an accomplished curmudgeon.
RockyClymer is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.