push in or dent on door - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > push in or dent on door

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 03-21-2007, 02:24 PM   #1
plyzie

push in or dent on door

Does anyone else have a push in or dent on either door behind the bottom hinge of their 2 door jk. I have one on my passenger side door. My dent guy said it is caused by the hinge as it goes away when you open the door. Has anyone found a solution or heard of this?

plyzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2007, 06:47 PM   #2
luckyjeeper

it's called oil canning. My TJ had it in front of the hinges on both sides. My JK has it only on the drivers side. I just chalk it up to having a "flat" sided body and the stress the hinge places on the body there. I haven't gotten an answer as to whether adjusting the door will help tho, or if the damage is done. Anyone? No biggie, I barely notice it anyways.
[COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="2"][B]Virescit Vulnere Virtus[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]
luckyjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2007, 06:56 PM   #3
lazerpunk

Our unlimited has it on the passanger side front door only. It's really not that big a deal I figure it might go away after the door seals compress a bit.

2012 Unlimited Rubicon, Crush, Auto, Dual Top, 430N w/nav, Max Tow
lazerpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2007, 08:08 PM   #4
BigJerm
2007 JK Wrangler 

yep on my JK driver side door. hard to see though so no big to me
Unread 03-21-2007, 08:12 PM   #5
tomc121
tomc121

2007 JK Wrangler 

warp in door skin

Ya My rubi has a dent in passenger door behind hinge.
tomc121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2007, 09:44 PM   #6
Dirt_sample

My driver door was so bad that it looked like a mirror in a fun house! The dealer had the body shop work on the inside of the door as well as realigned it, it helped but it's not perfect. The 5 Start dealer that I bought it from is incapable of providing any type of professional services, when they can't even bolt the drives seat down (twice to get it right), you know you are in for a long day...I felt with the type of work they do that I should just cut my losses and run, I can only imagine what type of body work they do.
Dirt_sample is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2007, 10:28 AM   #7
scottyc
2007 JK Wrangler 

I've got this on the rear passenger door. It's very linear, vertical running down from the back edge of the window past the door handle. Happened the first day I had the Jeep when closing the door with the handle. Now I just push on the metal to shut the doors.
scottyc is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.