Purchase price - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Purchase price

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Reply
Unread 04-25-2007, 08:41 PM   #1
sunburnt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Clinton Township, MI
Posts: 11
Purchase price

I just discovered this forum and it is really helpfull.

I am currently looking to purchase a 2007 Sahara Unlimited 4 door in the Metro Detroit area and I am having trouble getting a deal. The sticker is 29k and the best price I can get so far is 27.2k before tax, title, license. I am wondering if this is similar to what others paid. I am very excited to get the new jeep but I am also trying not to let my emotions get the best of my judgement.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

sunburnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2007, 09:13 PM   #2
donkie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 862
That's not a bad deal considering the market conditions. Judging from the pricing I see through affiliate rewards (1% below invoice) not much markup on this model as of today and I'm sure the holdback is not so hot now either. If you can wait a six months or so for supply to catch up with demand you might be able to get a slightly better price, or better yet Jeep might drop regional dealer rebates or special financing to clear out 07's...otherwise you have to pay to play first...
__________________
Recovering Jeepaholic
2007 Wrangler Sahara - SOLD
Geaux Tigers!!!
donkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2007, 09:22 PM   #3
Volley
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 383
The best prices I have been able to see is $1400-$1600 below MSRP here in Maryland.
Volley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2007, 09:26 PM   #4
donkie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 862
Base MSRP*: $29,475
- Total Discount+: $2,576
$2,576 Preferred DiscountNet Price: $26,899

That is the 1% below invoice affiliate rewards price on a pretty loaded sahara I built on jeep.com
__________________
Recovering Jeepaholic
2007 Wrangler Sahara - SOLD
Geaux Tigers!!!
donkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2007, 09:32 PM   #5
Gretsch6120
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: louisiana
Posts: 42
I paid $23,450 pre-tax for my 4 dr 2X4 Sahara.
Gretsch6120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2007, 09:52 PM   #6
xfactorJK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 16
07 Sahara JK 4 door- Black w/soft top, 18" wheels, L/S rear end,
speaker/amp pkg, floor mats, etc.

I ordered it, took 42 days to get here. (Yes I was counting the days, calling
about every 3 days asking "is it here yet, how 'bout now, OK, how 'bout now).

$26,300 through my Credit Union's preffered dealer list, best way to buy a car. You
deal with the fleet guy, no haggle, no BS. It was about 400.00 below invoice, called
the "friend and family price", sound funny but it had "ffp" next to the number.

Ray
xfactorJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2007, 10:01 PM   #7
Dirt_sample
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Southern Cal
Posts: 130
I got $2150 off of the MSRP on a 2dr X which I thought was fair considering that there is not a lot of mark up on them.

The jeep had been sitting at the dealer for a couple of months, I think that they were paying flooring on it so they wanted to unload it.
Dirt_sample is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2007, 10:24 PM   #8
DTarlo
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Camp Lake, Wisconsin, WI
Posts: 86
we got the best deal of the bunch I think... 4dr Unlimited Black Sahara, 4x4 (don't do the 4x2), upgraded sound system, bigger wheels and tires, DUAL tops! $24,500 pretax and license. We did some serious serious shopping around (5dealers) got 3 to actually play ball and told them we were shopping and who was doing what and found a dealer who wanted it and was big enough.
DTarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2007, 07:57 AM   #9
91Jeep07
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 54
My invoice for a 4dr Sahara w/ hard top & side airbags was just under 26k - MSRP was $27,920 - Also ordered - 2 month lead time.
91Jeep07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2007, 08:04 AM   #10
fjwyros
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volley
The best prices I have been able to see is $1400-$1600 below MSRP here in Maryland.
Volley, that's pretty much exactly what I got.. Right around $1500 and slightly below the invoice price that the dealer showed us.
fjwyros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2007, 08:42 AM   #11
sgt jeep
Registered User
2010 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Nashville
Posts: 226
Never Pay Msrp, Ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why pay MSRP? Invoice is all that should ever be paid for any vehicle ever. Everything else is just emotions! Walk away from MSRP.

THE first thing you should do is have financing already set up before you walk on the dealers lot. Gives you creditablily, and buying power and shows them (salesman) this isn't your first rodeo. Of course, having all out cash (write a check) is even better!

Second thing is to ask the dealer if they deal off of invoice price. If they do, great. Most wont on the JK's. I have only been to 2 dealerships here in Salt Lake City and both of them said 'No'. (Not ready to buy yet)

If they don't deal off of invoice, either walk away, and say thanks and go find a dealership that will, or ask to see the sales manager. Once you get to him tell him you are already financed and want to drive a Jeep off HIS Lot today. Be persistent, but tell him you are not paying MSRP for any vehicle, and will find someone that will. He will see this as him not making anything of you. (Although, it sound like some dealerships are finding enough people to pay full MSRP price that they wont deal at all) Dealerships make a lot more money off of MSRP prices over Invoice, but they still make money off of Invoice. (AND you can see as other forum members have attested to paying invoice prices here)

Use the internet, goto to Jeep.com plug in your zip code, find all the dealerships that are in a 150 miles (or more) radius of you, then start calling them. Ask for the sales manager. Tell him you are ready to buy (if you are) and ask if he will sell at invoice. Tell him you are driving 200 miles to buy a Jeep from him, all the way from 'X' City. Even if it is around the block from your house. (He will think you are not having any luck at invoice price and willing to drive all that way to him. (They lie to you and use all tried and tested tactics, you should to.) Knowing exactly what you want in your Jeep before you get to this point is definety worth the internet homework, and it will make you even a smarter Jeeper in the end. Know and understand what each option number is, what vehicles each go to, and what each os priced at. Heck, copy and paste to MS Word document your whole Jeep. Lay it out with MSPR vs. Invoice andtake that with you to the lot as well. If you have to order your Jeep do it with a list of what you want with those prices. I don't think sales managers like special ordering vehicles as it doesnt do anything for their inventory, but, they wont say 'No' to you.

Also go to Consumerreports.org and use their advice for other car buying articles. (They have never rated the Jeep's high at all, and never will, but they have great articles on how to buy a car.) Edmunds.com is a great site too. They have invoice prices for all vehicles, and even show invoice prices for options.

That is my .02 cents worth, and others opinion will be that: another opinion.

Good luck! Glad you got the Jeep bug. And don't forget to wave.

One more thing, everyone that paid MSRP, if you are happy, that is all that matters, as you have to be happy with your purchase.
sgt jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2007, 08:48 AM   #12
Volley
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjwyros
Volley, that's pretty much exactly what I got.. Right around $1500 and slightly below the invoice price that the dealer showed us.
Cool. That is what I am shooting for to hopefully pick my Jeep up today. Where in Maryland are you?
Volley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2007, 09:00 AM   #13
fjwyros
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 7
I'm in Calvert County. Bought my Jeep at Sheehy of Upper Marlboro.

edit.. sgt Jeep.. I never forget the wave
fjwyros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2007, 01:17 PM   #14
axxegrinder
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Champaign, Illinois
Posts: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgt jeep
Why pay MSRP? Invoice is all that should ever be paid for any vehicle ever. Everything else is just emotions! Walk away from MSRP.

THE first thing you should do is have financing already set up before you walk on the dealers lot. Gives you creditablily, and buying power and shows them (salesman) this isn't your first rodeo. Of course, having all out cash (write a check) is even better!

Second thing is to ask the dealer if they deal off of invoice price. If they do, great. Most wont on the JK's. I have only been to 2 dealerships here in Salt Lake City and both of them said 'No'. (Not ready to buy yet)

If they don't deal off of invoice, either walk away, and say thanks and go find a dealership that will, or ask to see the sales manager. Once you get to him tell him you are already financed and want to drive a Jeep off HIS Lot today. Be persistent, but tell him you are not paying MSRP for any vehicle, and will find someone that will. He will see this as him not making anything of you. (Although, it sound like some dealerships are finding enough people to pay full MSRP price that they wont deal at all) Dealerships make a lot more money off of MSRP prices over Invoice, but they still make money off of Invoice. (AND you can see as other forum members have attested to paying invoice prices here)

Use the internet, goto to Jeep.com plug in your zip code, find all the dealerships that are in a 150 miles (or more) radius of you, then start calling them. Ask for the sales manager. Tell him you are ready to buy (if you are) and ask if he will sell at invoice. Tell him you are driving 200 miles to buy a Jeep from him, all the way from 'X' City. Even if it is around the block from your house. (He will think you are not having any luck at invoice price and willing to drive all that way to him. (They lie to you and use all tried and tested tactics, you should to.) Knowing exactly what you want in your Jeep before you get to this point is definety worth the internet homework, and it will make you even a smarter Jeeper in the end. Know and understand what each option number is, what vehicles each go to, and what each os priced at. Heck, copy and paste to MS Word document your whole Jeep. Lay it out with MSPR vs. Invoice andtake that with you to the lot as well. If you have to order your Jeep do it with a list of what you want with those prices. I don't think sales managers like special ordering vehicles as it doesnt do anything for their inventory, but, they wont say 'No' to you.

Also go to Consumerreports.org and use their advice for other car buying articles. (They have never rated the Jeep's high at all, and never will, but they have great articles on how to buy a car.) Edmunds.com is a great site too. They have invoice prices for all vehicles, and even show invoice prices for options.

That is my .02 cents worth, and others opinion will be that: another opinion.

Good luck! Glad you got the Jeep bug. And don't forget to wave.

One more thing, everyone that paid MSRP, if you are happy, that is all that matters, as you have to be happy with your purchase.
Hey SGT Jeep, great post. I agree with everything you said, this is really good info for new jeep shoppers!

SSG Chris
axxegrinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2007, 03:46 AM   #15
sunburnt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Clinton Township, MI
Posts: 11
Thank you much for the feedback. I am going to go in and pick up my jeep tonight. We should have good weather this weekend to take the top down and I can't wait to get this deal done.
sunburnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.