Pull-Pal mount - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Pull-Pal mount

Attention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 05-22-2010, 06:58 PM   #1
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Pull-Pal mount

I have the Pull-Pal (Pull-Pal winch anchor for 4x4, Jeep, ATV, off-road, all-terrain-vehicle, military, D.O.D., Department of Defense) and for those that know, the Pull-Pal is too large without breaking it down to carry in your Jeep. No big deal except then I had to wrap rags around the parts to keep them from rattling and gouging other things in my Jeep. Plus itís such a hassle to pack and unpack it every time I went out. So I decided to mount it permanently. Didnít want to put it on my roof rack so I found a place that is mostly un-used inside the Jeep. . A couple of the pieces where installed without taking pics. It just skipped my mind. Now it's with me all the time.

First I made a template.

Then cut and bent into brackets.

Now Iím going to mark the holes for drilling into the shovel part.

Just making sure the bolts line up.

Here it is mounted to the Jeep. The shovel brackets are welded to the sport cage. Sorry, I have no pics of them being welded. I forgot to take pics and donít want to remove the top just to take some. Below the shovel part is more of the Pull-Pal. Again, forgot to take pics.

And here is the real long part of the Pull-Pal. I just welded a couple of simple brackets and mounted it up and out of the way.

And finally a pic with my rear basket lowered and locked. The side that the Pull-Pal is mounted to is just wasted space. Thatís it. Feels good to be rid of all that hassle of storage problem.

JK Wrangler dash mount for Cellphones, GPS units, GoPro cameras, Spot devices etc.
1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2010, 07:07 PM   #2
drerict
1983 CJ7 

That looks great. Good plan.
Unread 05-22-2010, 10:04 PM   #3
Charles
2008 JK Wrangler 

Well done. Perhaps you can market that. I'm sure the demand won't be too high but it's an excellent idea.
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2010, 11:54 AM   #4
dsy
2007 JK Wrangler 

I did about the same thing to keep both the pull pal and high lift inside all the time. Pull pal and high lift mounted on the roll bar and pull pal spade and high lift mech stowed in recovery bag.

Flame red unlimited Rubicon 5 speed 5-45RFE Auto , 35" KM2's, RCV front axles, 3 1/2" AEV premium lift, AEV snorkel, LoD front bumper with Warn powerplant,Full River Raider Alum skids, Marchal E-Code Lamps, 45qt Engel refrigerator / freezer, 09 Mygig w/ipod interface, Katzkin leather, ya its got a Hemi :-)http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/little-upgrade-607325/
dsy is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.