ProRock 44 and AEV 3.5" lift - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > ProRock 44 and AEV 3.5" lift

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 12-01-2010, 10:02 PM   #1
chickenhawk7
2007 JK Wrangler 

ProRock 44 and AEV 3.5" lift

I am getting ready to pull the trigger on a new front axle and get a Dynatrac ProRock 44. I currently have a AEV 3.5" premium lift. Does anyone know what all is needed to get this configuration to work properly? I have read some information about a track bar adjustment and a possible need for longer bump stops. With the AEV lift, the stock upper and lower control arms are retained. I have a Tom Woods front driveshaft but have not replaced my control arms. Is there a need to replace with the new ProRock 44 axle? Anything else I need to consider?

chickenhawk7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2010, 10:33 PM   #2
Warlord2
2007 JK Wrangler 

Sounds good! are you just going to swap all the internals over?

I know a few with the G2 D60s and they love them, very solid and are a direct bolt on replacement. I havent seen anyone with a Prorock though so I donno if they are that easy. I would maybe call them to see what else is needed. Polyperformance has them and can prolly answer all the questions as well.
07 JK 2D X model with 6 speeds. Full Traction 3" ultimate lift kit. 315x75x16 Toyo Open Country M/T on Rock crawler procomp rim. Ruby dana44's front sleeved inside/outside C truss and rear with 5.13's gears. Homemade rock guards, rear bumper w/tire carrier, oilpan/tranny skid, evap canister skid, light bar, switch pod. Riddler diff covers, Cobra 75 w/wilson antenna, Polk speakers, 10" sub, 2x Amps, Lightforce 240 drive light, backup lights, rock lights.
Warlord2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2010, 11:24 PM   #3
chickenhawk7
2007 JK Wrangler 

Planning on getting the whole axle, just bolt on. I have a D30 right now, so I want a locker and wanted to regear anyway, so I am getting it bolt on ready.
Unread 12-02-2010, 12:36 AM   #4
Alaska-HWY JK

Read this, theres some more threads in here somewhere. David at Northridge put mine together, I installed the RCV's and Reid Racing knuckles and Poly Performance weld on high steer bracket tierod and drag link. ARB air lockers and 5:13's on both ends. I like it. The only parts used of the 30 is the roters and calipers.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/p...-30-a-1076963/
Heres another one
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/a...-side-1045637/
Alaska-HWY JK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2010, 09:31 AM   #5
chickenhawk7
2007 JK Wrangler 

Alaska, are you running the AEV lift?
Unread 12-02-2010, 03:16 PM   #6
Alaska-HWY JK

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenhawk7 View Post
Alaska, are you running the AEV lift?
3" Teraflex with all 8 TF adjustable control arms. Make sure your front bumpstops are long enough if you flip the draglink and raise the trackbar. If you talk to Northridge or Poly Performance or Dynatrac directly they've all sold enough of these by now and can tell you exactly what you need. AEV has a high steer kit also that I'd asked them about but its for the stock axle not for the 3" tubes on a Prorock so it would take some modifying. I emailed them last April or May and they had done a PR44 at that time. Poly Performance's is a weld on for a 3" tube which is what I have. Depending on your front lift consider the Prorock extreme, it has 1/2" thick tubes and the pinion is rotated up 4 more degrees for better driveline angle. You can get all the info for that off Dynatracs site and make the decision. Good luck, lots of research first and then only spend the money once. Get your gears and locker at the same time. This front end is solid, don't let anyone talk you into spending money on expensive steering stabilizers either. I have a $150 Fox in the garage that I did'nt install and don't need. You can allways add on later, If anything I'll sell it and add a hydro assist.
Unread 12-02-2010, 03:31 PM   #7
chickenhawk7
2007 JK Wrangler 

I actually do have the AEV high steer kit that came with my lift kit. I just got off the phone with Dave at Northridge4x4. I think I will ask AEV if they know if I can run the high steer kit on the ProRock 44 axle. So if high steer kit doesn't work on the ProRock axle, then you are saying that I could probably order the Poly Perf bracket to hook the high steer kit up to? So another option would be to not run the AEV steer kit if it didn't work on the new axle?
Unread 12-02-2010, 03:41 PM   #8
chickenhawk7
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaska-HWY JK View Post
3" Teraflex with all 8 TF adjustable control arms. Make sure your front bumpstops are long enough if you flip the draglink and raise the trackbar. If you talk to Northridge or Poly Performance or Dynatrac directly they've all sold enough of these by now and can tell you exactly what you need. AEV has a high steer kit also that I'd asked them about but its for the stock axle not for the 3" tubes on a Prorock so it would take some modifying. I emailed them last April or May and they had done a PR44 at that time. Poly Performance's is a weld on for a 3" tube which is what I have. Depending on your front lift consider the Prorock extreme, it has 1/2" thick tubes and the pinion is rotated up 4 more degrees for better driveline angle. You can get all the info for that off Dynatracs site and make the decision. Good luck, lots of research first and then only spend the money once. Get your gears and locker at the same time. This front end is solid, don't let anyone talk you into spending money on expensive steering stabilizers either. I have a $150 Fox in the garage that I did'nt install and don't need. You can allways add on later, If anything I'll sell it and add a hydro assist.
What exactly do you mean when you say "if" I flip the draglink and raise the track bar? So do I need to raise the track bar 3" or is it a preference thing? How would I know if I needed longer bump stops?
Unread 12-02-2010, 04:48 PM   #9
Alaska-HWY JK

Quote:
I actually do have the AEV high steer kit that came with my lift kit. I just got off the phone with Dave at Northridge4x4. I think I will ask AEV if they know if I can run the high steer kit on the ProRock 44 axle. So if high steer kit doesn't work on the ProRock axle, then you are saying that I could probably order the Poly Perf bracket to hook the high steer kit up to? So another option would be to not run the AEV steer kit if it didn't work on the new axle?
When I was planning mine I emailed AEV and they had put one on a Prorock 44 The U bolt part gets cut off and the bracket is welded on with some mods. That was in April, they may have one for the 3" axles by now. While you're spending consider the Reid knuckles to get your tierod up 1.5" also. I'll have to look back in old e mail and see if I can find the AEV one.
Unread 12-02-2010, 05:16 PM   #10
Alaska-HWY JK

Quote:
What exactly do you mean when you say "if" I flip the draglink and raise the track bar? So do I need to raise the track bar 3" or is it a preference thing? How would I know if I needed longer bump stops?
That AEV bracket raises the trackbar but you'd have to modify it to work on the 3" axle tube of the PR44. When your axles mounted cycle the suspension with a floor jack before you put the springs in and see if your bumpstops hit before the trackbar bracket hits the frame.
Unread 12-02-2010, 10:08 PM   #11
chickenhawk7
2007 JK Wrangler 

So help explain the significance of getting the Reid Racing knuckles to get the trackbar up 1.5".
Unread 12-02-2010, 10:39 PM   #12
Alaska-HWY JK

Quote:
So help explain the significance of getting the Reid Racing knuckles to get the trackbar up 1.5".
I meant tierod to keep it out of the rocks. Got up to early from night shift. Did you look at Dynatracs info on PDF.
Unread 12-03-2010, 07:44 AM   #13
chickenhawk7
2007 JK Wrangler 

Not yet. Will look this morning.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.