Project weekend warrior - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Project weekend warrior

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 10-10-2012, 07:04 PM   #1
sillykid
1985 CJ7 

Project weekend warrior

Ive been building jeeps for about 5 years now mostly CJ7's and 8's. I started a business parting building and restoring cj's right out of highschool. couple months back i finished building a sweet 83 CJ7 and put the funds toward a new daily driver weekend warrior. To start with this build in a short period of time it has come very far. i bought this jeep stock about 3 months ago. the first picture is when i bought her she was a stock little jeep that needed work to be brought to my standards of how a jeep should perform.

With in 24 hours of the jeep from the dealership the truck got a 2 inch budget boost 1 inch body lift and some nice 35 tires. shortly after a poision spyder comp stinger from bumper and a poison spyder rear bumper jeep performed great on road and off road but i still wasn't happy. i wanted to be able to take her through the rocks, mud and whatever god threw at me

so we moved on to a larger suspension. mixing and matching parts to find what we felt would be the best combination yielding the least amount of money i bought a rough country adjustable control arm set, teraflex springs, fox 2.0 shocks and a few other suspension goodies to make this jeep achieve what i felt to be awesomeness the last picture shows the 4 inch lift combo that i built and i am very satisfied with the combination stay tuned to see what else i do!

5w_800.jpeg   218390_425196047515706_1774732556_o.jpg   photo.jpeg  
sillykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2012, 08:30 PM   #2
saddis
2003 WJ 

Looks good! What kinda tires are those?
Unread 10-11-2012, 08:20 AM   #3
robplumm
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddis View Post
Looks good! What kinda tires are those?
Chapparral MT
robplumm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2012, 07:18 PM   #4
saddis
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by robplumm View Post
Chapparral MT
Never heard of them, but they look very good. How do they perform? How long do they normally last?
Unread 10-11-2012, 07:21 PM   #5
robplumm
2012 JK Wrangler 

No clue...just reading the side of them Quick google shows they're a "store" brand. Given that there's only a few tire manufacturers anyway, I imagine they're just fine. Looks like a good tread...I would have thought Mickey Thompson before I saw the sidewall.
robplumm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2012, 09:41 PM   #6
sillykid
1985 CJ7 

they handle great in mud we wheel every weekend and they never let me down a little bit loud on the road but the cost is great! i knew i put in a sound system for some reason
sillykid is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.