Project weekend warrior - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Project weekend warrior

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Yukon Hardcore Locking hubs Dana 44!! CCOR 706-207-4140Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955

Unread 10-10-2012, 07:04 PM   #1
sillykid
1985 CJ7 

Project weekend warrior

Ive been building jeeps for about 5 years now mostly CJ7's and 8's. I started a business parting building and restoring cj's right out of highschool. couple months back i finished building a sweet 83 CJ7 and put the funds toward a new daily driver weekend warrior. To start with this build in a short period of time it has come very far. i bought this jeep stock about 3 months ago. the first picture is when i bought her she was a stock little jeep that needed work to be brought to my standards of how a jeep should perform.

With in 24 hours of the jeep from the dealership the truck got a 2 inch budget boost 1 inch body lift and some nice 35 tires. shortly after a poision spyder comp stinger from bumper and a poison spyder rear bumper jeep performed great on road and off road but i still wasn't happy. i wanted to be able to take her through the rocks, mud and whatever god threw at me

so we moved on to a larger suspension. mixing and matching parts to find what we felt would be the best combination yielding the least amount of money i bought a rough country adjustable control arm set, teraflex springs, fox 2.0 shocks and a few other suspension goodies to make this jeep achieve what i felt to be awesomeness the last picture shows the 4 inch lift combo that i built and i am very satisfied with the combination stay tuned to see what else i do!

5w_800.jpeg   218390_425196047515706_1774732556_o.jpg   photo.jpeg  
sillykid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2012, 08:30 PM   #2
saddis
2003 WJ 

Looks good! What kinda tires are those?
Unread 10-11-2012, 08:20 AM   #3
robplumm
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddis View Post
Looks good! What kinda tires are those?
Chapparral MT
robplumm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2012, 07:18 PM   #4
saddis
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by robplumm View Post
Chapparral MT
Never heard of them, but they look very good. How do they perform? How long do they normally last?
Unread 10-11-2012, 07:21 PM   #5
robplumm
2012 JK Wrangler 

No clue...just reading the side of them Quick google shows they're a "store" brand. Given that there's only a few tire manufacturers anyway, I imagine they're just fine. Looks like a good tread...I would have thought Mickey Thompson before I saw the sidewall.
robplumm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2012, 09:41 PM   #6
sillykid
1985 CJ7 

they handle great in mud we wheel every weekend and they never let me down a little bit loud on the road but the cost is great! i knew i put in a sound system for some reason
sillykid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.