Project: Black Eagle - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Project: Black Eagle

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 11-12-2012, 08:08 PM   #1
cobra_4
2010 JK Wrangler 

Project: Black Eagle Jeep Journal

Finally starting to do a little work to my 2010 Wrangler Unlimited. I bought it back in March and until now my mod's were limited to a set of Bosch wiper blades, I know, I'm so bad , lol anyway.

Nothing crazy, no big lifts, or full lockers, or anything crazy like that. But I wanted to start a project thread so I could kinda keep track of everything along the way and share it with you all without making nine zillion different posts. There will be a lot of function mods, I will also be doing a few product reviews for my automotive blog and sharing them in here as well. I do plan on a lift whenever these tires run out but just a small one simply for tire clearance purposes only. I don't daily drive it and don't have to drive it everyday but I do take on trips, vacations, etc and don't want to eliminate the possibility of dd'ing her if I need to.

One more thing before I get started, I wanted to explain the name. The first Jeep I looked at was one of the two door Golden Eagle models they put out a couple of years ago, I almost bought it but then ended up getting something else. Well when I traded for this Jeep that Golden Eagle had been traded back in but all the decals were taken off and they painted the wheels which was a turn off to me, plus I wanted/needed a four door. Anyway fast forward to today when i was doing my first mod which you will see in a bit my buddy came in my store and was like what are you putting on it a golden eagle? So that stuck in my head and whenever I was thinking of a name for the project that is how I came up with Black Eagle. Might have some sort of cool hood decal made up later on we will see.

Anywho here are a few pictures of the jeep when I took her to the woods finally for the first time this weekend. Video to come later.

I will post up the first mod's in a second.

cobra_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2012, 08:11 PM   #2
cobra_4
2010 JK Wrangler 

First mod!

I really like the black on black look so I wanted to put the flat black hood piece on. Forget which model it comes factory on? Mountain edition or something? I can't remember. Anyway very simple install, pretty much idiot proof. Pop the hood bumpers out, remove the handle piece and slap her on.

Cleaned the hood good first with some prep all wax and grease remover.

Before shot.

Couple of afters.

Really happy with it, may add more flat black work later on.

New headlights and foglights with a good before and after write up and video coming hopefully by the end of the week!
Unread 11-13-2012, 07:20 PM   #3
cobra_4
2010 JK Wrangler 

Here is a video I made over the weekend, nothing too great, little shakey camera work by the wife, I need a go-pro! Just threw some random music that was next in line on my playlist on it when I saw how shakey it was. Didn't want to make a thread for it but I figured I'd share it in here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=mi0Nl05T34U
Unread 11-14-2012, 07:28 PM   #4
Walle
Soccer Mom and Jeep Hater

2012 JK Wrangler 

Welcome to the Black Jeep club! I see you are from Franklin. I am originally from Robbinsville. Are there many JKs around there?
Walle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2012, 08:08 PM   #5
waterboarder
2007 JK Wrangler 

So, where is the eagle?
black-eagle.jpg   1981_pontiac_turbo_trans_am_2nd_gen_screaming_chicken.jpg  
waterboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2012, 08:51 PM   #6
JOHNO
2010 JK Wrangler 

Looking good so far. I'm over in Cleveland TN., I found my 2010 Mountain Edition over in Hayesville NC last December. If you're in Chattanooga, check out Toms 4x4, they stock a lot of kewl acessories.

Unread 11-15-2012, 10:04 AM   #7
cobra_4
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walle View Post
Welcome to the Black Jeep club! I see you are from Franklin. I am originally from Robbinsville. Are there many JKs around there?
Small world! I visit Robbinsville quite a bit going to the tail of the dragon. There are TONS of JK's on the road, but mostly just stock grocery getters, but there are a couple of guys with some pretty serious stuff in the area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboarder View Post
So, where is the eagle?
No eagle, gonna do something cool graphic wise a little later on though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNO View Post
Looking good so far. I'm over in Cleveland TN., I found my 2010 Mountain Edition over in Hayesville NC last December. If you're in Chattanooga, check out Toms 4x4, they stock a lot of kewl acessories.
I've heard of it, I've been wanting to ride over that way, I wanted to get it done before the leaves turned but I didn't make it. Hayesville is just right across the mountain from me. Go to the classic car cruise in over there almost monthly. Ed stocks a ton of jeeps.
Unread 11-15-2012, 10:09 AM   #8
cobra_4
2010 JK Wrangler 

Every jeep has a story right? I am telling mine with decals. I've always been a fan of the old vintage state decals and people who put them on there campers or motor homes of the states and places they have been too. Well I am going to do the same with my Jeep. Not gonna put them on the outside or anything but inside of the hardtop is going to be for state stickers, the door will be for decals from cool places I have been in the Jeep. Still gotta get a Tennessee and South Carolina decal but here is a start.

I plan on taking her across country on an "Out West" trip in a few years so she should really rack up some stickers then
Unread 11-15-2012, 10:33 AM   #9
KrawlOff-Road
Vendor

2007 JK Wrangler 

Nice!! My wife and I are from Asheville if that counts!

-Jason

Tires-FREE SHIPPING!!
KrawlOff-Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2012, 10:36 AM   #10
Walle

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobra_4 View Post
I plan on taking her across country on an "Out West" trip in a few years so she should really rack up some stickers then
Come on out to NM! Colorado and Utah are just around the corner!

Unread 11-15-2012, 10:37 AM   #11
Walle

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrawlOff-Road View Post
Nice!! My wife and I are from Asheville if that counts!

-Jason

It sort of counts...you left NC for SC...
Unread 11-15-2012, 01:36 PM   #12
KrawlOff-Road
Vendor

2007 JK Wrangler 

LOL well... yeah. We are about a hour south of NC now.

-Jason

Tires-FREE SHIPPING!!
Unread 11-15-2012, 07:40 PM   #13
cobra_4
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrawlOff-Road View Post
LOL well... yeah. We are about a hour south of NC now.

-Jason
Do you all have a store in Anderson or are you online only?
Unread 11-21-2012, 12:13 PM   #14
cobra_4
2010 JK Wrangler 

Made a small modification today. I've had these cup holder inserts forever, just now getting around to putting them in. They are made of some sort of stone that absorbs the moisture so you don't have wet and sticky cup holders. Less than ten bucks in the both its a great cheap mod!

Don't mind the dirt, I need to clean this nasty thing!

Unread 11-21-2012, 05:43 PM   #15
KrawlOff-Road
Vendor

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobra_4 View Post
Do you all have a store in Anderson or are you online only?
Right now, we are online only but can get you anything you need! Also, a lot of our items is free shipping! So, the nice part about you being in NC, you get it cheaper than if you where here in SC!

That cup holder has to go though... (sorry, we are almost on the Clemson campus)

-Jason

Tires-FREE SHIPPING!!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.