Programing a third key for 2011 Wrangler JK - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Programing a third key for 2011 Wrangler JK

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 03-04-2013, 08:33 AM   #46
webwidejosh
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg4wrq View Post
They put alarms in Wranglers now?
They sure do and they're annoying as ****. Kicking the tire will set the thing off.

Anyone know how to tune this thing down so a stiff wind doesn't wake me up?

webwidejosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2013, 08:35 AM   #47
webwidejosh
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eightbit View Post
I have an 07 JKU Rubicon, I had that TSB done in November. I programmed 2 keys yesterday no problem. I got them off eBay for $7 each. My local hardware store cut them for $1 each. I tried both keys before programming them. They started the jeep and it died after a few seconds, it did not lock the computer. There is both good and bad information in this thread, so your results may vary.
My local Lowe's charges $1 for the key. Each time I go in for a transponder key cut and take a key I got off of eBay... They don't charge. I love those guys!
webwidejosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2013, 06:01 PM   #48
kg4wrq
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichCapeCod View Post
Sure do! And electric windows, AC, satellite radio, auto tranny, lots of keen stuff!

Do the doors still come off as easily?
kg4wrq is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.